A New Lee Record

i am in the process of compiling an email to the guiness book of records…

the reason for this is that today Morrisons at Droitwich managed to beat my record for tipping, today it took them 2 hours 40 minutes to tip 6 pallets, but when i went for the paperwork the charming lady (NOT) on the desk said the computers ■■■■■■ and it will take another 3 hours for the paperwork so all in all it would have taken nearly an hour a pallet, but it would take even longer than that as they had actually lost my paperwork.

i know we are all busy on a friday as we want to go home but do they really need to take the ■■■■ as much as that? it wouldnt be so bad if it was a massive place, ala tescos RDC, but im sure there were only about 20 bays and only about 8 wagons on them, the rest were being loaded for going out.

it was no wonder they lost the paperwork either, it looked like a whirlwind had been through the office then tidied up by the tazmanian devil off bugs bunny.

what a complete hell hole and i hope i never go there again!

If it makes you feel any better we get Morrisons artics delivering stuff for us and if they don’t turn up within half hour of their time then we bang something on the bay for loading and they have to wait an hour at the gatehouse before they even get in to be taken prisoner by the goods in staff. Don’t know what depot they come from but if it means anything the trailers either say Wakefield or Droitwich on them.

tofer:
If it makes you feel any better we get Morrisons artics delivering stuff for us and if they don’t turn up within half hour of their time then we bang something on the bay for loading and they have to wait an hour at the gatehouse before they even get in to be taken prisoner by the goods in staff. Don’t know what depot they come from but if it means anything the trailers either say Wakefield or Droitwich on them.

i like that :laughing: :laughing:

tofer:
Don’t know what depot they come from but if it means anything the trailers either say Wakefield or Droitwich on them.

Morrisons depots are like any other RDC,insofar as they all hold trailers from other depots.

The customer I currently work for on the agency,leave the paerwork behind for the next driver to collect,therfore leaving the driver free to move on to his next drop.

This is fine if the company have a vehicle or vehicles going in on a daily basis,but if it’s a once a week job,then the pod may end up getting lost or filed in the round filing cabinet.

Ken.

Yeah that’s sort of the point I was getting at, that’s what it says on the trailer but I don’t actually know where it came from.

Hope you had a good book with you Lee!

Surely these RDC’s could come up with a better system with the technology available today…3+ hours to do a job that should take no more than 15 minutes? i reckon with even my limited forklift skills I could unload a trailer in under 20 mins! Sign the note “unchecked” then let the driver go. If theres something wrong with the load, wrong stock for instance, its not the drivers fault so why should he be made to sit in these inhospitable dumps for hours on end?

They should come to an agreement with the supplier…you send wrong stuff, it goes in skip…they would take a little more care then?

To be fair to the goods in donkeys at our place they don’t hang around when they are tipping, but it takes them ages to actually get around to tipping it. The day our computers crashed a widdowson’s driver was sat there that long that his mate turned up and they did a trailer swap so the first guy coulf get away. I started at 1300 and he said he’d been there since 1100 they did a changeover at 1400 and his mate eventually left at about 1700.

Scarab:
Hope you had a good book with you Lee!

better than a good book mate,

my pillow and a set of working curtains! beautiful!

Giblsa:
i am in the process of compiling an email to the guiness book of records…

the reason for this is that today Morrisons at Droitwich managed to beat my record for tipping, today it took them 2 hours 40 minutes to tip 6 pallets, but when i went for the paperwork the charming lady (NOT) on the desk said the computers [zb] and it will take another 3 hours for the paperwork so all in all it would have taken nearly an hour a pallet, but it would take even longer than that as they had actually lost my paperwork.
i know we are all busy on a friday as we want to go home but do they really need to take the ■■■■ as much as that? it wouldnt be so bad if it was a massive place, ala tescos RDC, but im sure there were only about 20 bays and only about 8 wagons on them, the rest were being loaded for going out.

it was no wonder they lost the paperwork either, it looked like a whirlwind had been through the office then tidied up by the tazmanian devil off bugs bunny.

what a complete hell hole and i hope i never go there again!

aren’t you the lucky one!!!

i went to Wincantons RDC at Corby (Mattel), was sat there on the bay for quite a few hours, got my paperwork back no problem, but the useless bunch of eeejits had actually lost my truck keys :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i didn’t know the tazmanian devil was in bugs bunny. :laughing:

limeyphil:
i didn’t know the tazmanian devil was in bugs bunny. :laughing:

Taz’s first cartoon was Bugs Bunny, made a few appearances, then he got his own show :wink:

Giblsa:
‘… the charming lady … said … it will take another 3 hours…’

Phone your transport and suggest to the lady (ie, ‘problem solve’ for all parties) that the paperwork gets faxed. The poor lambs are not too bright at times.

Hey presto - rock’n’roll time, etc

Morrisons Bellshill would beat that on a regular basis and that’s everything going to plan.

I was 5 hours with one pallet about four weeks ago and 4 hours with seven 2 weeks ago and when I pulled off the bay and parked up to wait on paperwork I went to shut doors and the pallets where still on the trailer.

2 months ago there was a guy in Iceland livingston who had five boxes on a pallet and he was kept five hours so that’s an hour a box. :open_mouth:

A few months ago I had 12 pallets for Morrisons and after they tipped me and gave me my keys they discovered one of the pallets where wrong so they insisted that I wait for a bay again till they put it back on me but as I had 26 to collect elsewhere the boss told me to just go. It was great fun when security where standing waiting on my gate pass and I flew right past them.

Thought I might get barred but no joy at all, nothing was even said when I went back. :imp:

8 1/5 hours, Argos, Bridgewater, 5 pallets :confused:

banned for life :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

shuttlespanker:

You can’t just leave it at that shuttle, spill the beans

woody2808:

shuttlespanker:

You can’t just leave it at that shuttle, spill the beans

ok, ok, i’ll add more :blush:

a week and a half later, i was also banned for life from Argos Magna Park, Lutterworth, too :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

for the same reason :blush:

mind you, the one at Lutterworth never had back up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i when the Morrison’s Wakefield arrived on time 07.30 unloaded by 07.45 had loads of different stuff on 26 pallets from one company, ask them when do you expect it to be checked, soon there said left at 13.45 with paper work the boss sent them a bill for the waiting time never got a penny.

delboytwo:
i when the Morrison’s Wakefield arrived on time 07.30 unloaded by 07.45 had loads of different stuff on 26 pallets from one company, ask them when do you expect it to be checked, soon there said left at 13.45 with paper work the boss sent them a bill for the waiting time never got a penny.

Wakefield must be the worst Morrisons, they just look for things to reject. Glad I only go there once every blue moon.

Morrison’s are the biggest bunch of ■■■■■ in the country!!! Especially that mob at Wakefield!

We take stuff there (and to Droitwich) for FW so invariably tis mixed.
Every time, they come back out and say ‘You coming to break this down, driver?’
Every time I look at them and say ‘No’
Then they say ‘You’ll be waiting hours for your paperwork then, driver’
To which I reply every time ‘Is this the face of concern■■? I’ll tell you what … you go and do your job which is check my load and I’ll go and lay down on my bed and have a snooze’
■■■■ them!!! No ■■■■■■ way will I break the load down for those lazy ■■■■■