Was told one of the old favourites today

I was at Morrisons Willow Green this afternoon I arrived at 1315. I started at 0145 this morning.

After an hour and after noticing a driver who pulled in after me had been tipped and gone, I decided to ask how long my bay would be (nicely) I only had 4 pallets, I was told that they would tip me in the next hour and that my paperwork would be a further 3 hours,. I pointed out that I was out of time at 1645 and could I night out in their yard if they couldn’t get the paperwork done? I was told no, my bosses said I can’t drop and drive and had to wait.

Anyway another driver pipes up and says well “you’ll just have to ring the coppers then lad and they can chalk round your bay and isolate a bay either side if they won’t get you done, that’ll show them.”

He was deadly serious I just couldn’t stop myself laughing out loud and had to walk off

So did you get your tyres chalked■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No lol I managed to get out and get to Gordano services

its amazing how they get you tipped “Just in time” after you tell them you are parked on a bay for 9/11 hours

I know some drivers say it all the time, I think they believed me when my planners were rining up saying if you don’t get him done he will be sleeping on your bay lol

It just takes the ■■■■ though, it shouldn’t have to come to that. 3 hours for paperwork for 4 pallets. Horrible ■■■■■.

FarnboroughBoy11:
It just takes the ■■■■ though, it shouldn’t have to come to that. 3 hours for paperwork for 4 pallets. Horrible [zb].

worst thing is for the first hour there was me and one other driver on the bays, he gets tipped and gone, next thing bays are full, 1 hr later some of them are going and I’m there like an idiot. I can see why some drivers lose their rag lol

NewLad:
I was at Morrisons Willow Green this afternoon I arrived at 1315. I started at 0145 this morning.

After an hour and after noticing a driver who pulled in after me had been tipped and gone, I decided to ask how long my bay would be (nicely) I only had 4 pallets, I was told that they would tip me in the next hour and that my paperwork would be a further 3 hours,. I pointed out that I was out of time at 1645 and could I night out in their yard if they couldn’t get the paperwork done? I was told no, my bosses said I can’t drop and drive and had to wait.

Anyway another driver pipes up and says well “you’ll just have to ring the coppers then lad and they can chalk round your bay and isolate a bay either side if they won’t get you done, that’ll show them.”

He was deadly serious I just couldn’t stop myself laughing out loud and had to walk off

I could be wrong & I’m sure I’ll be corrected, but if you start between midnight & 4am is that not classed as nights & limited to a 10hr working shift??

its classed as night work but if there is a workplace opt out the 10 hour rule can b ignored

Boo9729:

NewLad:

I could be wrong & I’m sure I’ll be corrected, but if you start between midnight & 4am is that not classed as nights & limited to a 10hr working shift??

Which is ok if there’s a collective workforce agreement in place.

How does that work as far as an infringement then?? Just curious as I did a 12hr a few backs that started at 3am & showed up as an infringement based on doing more than the 10hr allowed time.

Very rare I would start before 4am anyway as I tramp all wk & my boss is convinced we couldn’t start before 4am as it makes for a short 10hr day & at the end of it I would be parked up for way to long & a waste of my time & the companies.

Pull out and go the pub.

If a few more folk in this job had any balls things might change.
But it will never happen.

The drivers sign the equivalent to a disclaimer saying they opt out.

I’m not sure of how many it needs to be (all drivers or just a percentage)

I don’t think there’s many companies that don’t operate the opt out system already.

Boo9729:

NewLad:

Its 10 hours of work not shift length and can be opted out with a workforce agreement.

And it isn’t if you start between 12:00-4:00am it’s if your shift goes through those hours. I.e you could start at 19:00 at night and if the company you work for hasn’t got a collective workforce agreement in place you would have to be done at 5:00am if you have done 10 hours work.

Definition here

NewLad:

Priceless :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Once had a Funstons driver stop outside Istanbul and wave me down for a lift.
His wages had not gone in the bank for 2 weeks, keys down a grid and his exact words where ■■■■ em Im going home!

Good man!