Argos, Fradley Park - FAIL

Has anyone else had the misfortune to go to this pathetic excuse of a warehouse?

Firstly I couldnt find it, then when I eventually did it was just as it started wazzing it down with rain.

Parked up and went to find the office to discover that its a window in the side of a porta cabin. Not a sliding window under a canopy, but a proper window with only the top louvre that opens, no canopy and it was wazzing it down. All talk and paperwork occurs through the “booking in” window. What a joke. took ages to load and both me and the gaming chairs got drenched!

Did I mention it was ■■■■■■■ it down??

I don’t know if that particular place is run by DHL as other Argos are, but christ, money saving isn’t the word!!

For anyone interested and unsure, directions are:

Come off the A38 for Fradley Park as usual. If NB come off and continue over all roundabouts, If SB come off and over the A38, turn left at the roundabout.
Straight on over all the others and as you go past Tesco, keep left off the RB and into the old Great Bear depot 200yds on the right.

Darby Flyer:
Has anyone else had the misfortune to go to this pathetic excuse of a warehouse?

Firstly I couldnt find it, then when I eventually did it was just as it started wazzing it down with rain.

Parked up and went to find the office to discover that its a window in the side of a porta cabin. Not a sliding window under a canopy, but a proper window with only the top louvre that opens, no canopy and it was wazzing it down. All talk and paperwork occurs through the “booking in” window. What a joke. took ages to load and both me and the gaming chairs got drenched!

Did I mention it was ■■■■■■■ it down??

I don’t know if that particular place is run by DHL as other Argos are, but christ, money saving isn’t the word!!

For anyone interested and unsure, directions are:

Come off the A38 for Fradley Park as usual. If NB come off and continue over all roundabouts, If SB come off and over the A38, turn left at the roundabout.
Straight on over all the others and as you go past Tesco, keep left off the RB and into the old Great Bear depot 200yds on the right.

I got the impression its a “Great Bear” contract, they took it off TDG @ West Hallam earlier in the year IIRC…

The organisation / attitude was “iffy” shall we say, the last time i went in there, brewerys + bevvys came to mind :blush: :blush:

Yeah, I got that distinct impression. I know we all moan about long tip / load times, especially at RDC’s etc, but this place was empty apart from a guy who was waiting for a particular load, i.e. not to hand.

I just couldn’t get over the serious lack of any sort of effort for a drivers reception, even if it was just a table in the doorway. Then again, saying that, the window also had bars on it, so maybe the attitude is crap, :laughing:

You could have gone to Tesco’s drivers room, always someone to talk to there and they never seem to rush off.

waddy640:
You could have gone to Tesco’s drivers room, always someone to talk to there and they never seem to rush off.

:laughing: Is that a good recommendation or do they not rush off cos they haven’t got a gate pass? :laughing: (After 3 hours for 1 pallet) :laughing:

Darby Flyer:

waddy640:

:laughing: Is that a good recommendation or do they not rush off cos they haven’t got a gate pass? :laughing: (After 3 hours for 1 pallet) :laughing:

I was in there for two hours last Friday, with a straightforward load.

im always in tesco’s at fradley being as though i work there :smiley: