Argos at Barton (wincanton)

Anybody got on info, Ive seen they are advertising.

Shifts ect and are they newbie friendly?

I worked there for just over two years till I got banned, that was when they were all agency not same now, think it is a 24/7 operation now and talk of 4 on 4 off, job is easy just straight trunking trailer swaps, run to
Heywood Bridgwater Magna Park Basildon and Faverdale (Co Durham just off A1)
My mate is still there but not happy and yes newbie taken but must had licence 12 months, all good tackle mostly 13 plate Scanias, shift will be allocated and that will be your start time on regular basis.
Hope this helpful

Wincanton Argos drivers are about to go on strike, are they not?

Thanks chilled. Newbie with 12 months :open_mouth: I’ve barely had it 12 hours :smiley: I passed on Friday. Got about 5 yrs class2 experience though.

goin on strike :open_mouth:

Give them a ring you never know they do struggle for drivers because pay is not best but good for what they do.
NO they are not about to go on strike !!!

Is pay that bad. I’m not one of these elitist drivers who won’t drive for a pittance but I do need it to beat my current Okish class 2 money??

Perfect time to ask run up to the silly season,if you don’t ask and all that.

I know, it’s a bad time to take a new job. The lead up to to Christmas especially someone like Argos (mad busy). Come January lay off city. Just want to get on the class1 ladder.

Argos Barton busy in to Febuary with returns from Christmas and new catalogue coming out end of January you will be full time so no lay off,

When I retired 4 years ago from Magna Park they had only just got the Operators Licence for Barton
All Argos vehicles are or was owned by Argos in all their depots
Trailers in the Depots are loaded and unload for you,your not aloud in the warehouse,its either drop and swap or wait to be tipped,you only have to bother about vehicle checks ie road worthy,matching security seals,and delivery schedule.
24/7 operation varied start times,given a start time “window” and usually stays the same.
Regular work as they feed the other Depots on a scheduled 24 hr basis.
As far as I am aware its inter depot,and collections,no shops as they used to be done by Magna Bridgewater Heywood Basildon Mossend,the other depots about where Home Delivery Depots
Hope that helps you

Thought that is what I posted lollipop you forgot Faverdale

Does anyone have a rough idea of pay. I’m probably going to make an application. Let’s see what they say about me being a newbie :laughing:

Chilled:

Faverdale comes under Home Delivery catergory

lolipop:

Chilled:

Faverdale comes under Home Delivery catergory

Barton pick for Faverdale they also deal with their returns also do changeover with Belshill there, run by DHL.

Application Made.
Lets see if they are Newbie Friendly :smiley:

red7jase:
Application Made.
Lets see if they are Newbie Friendly :smiley:

Good luck my mate reckons they will take on newbies, make up your own mind about the job and beware of the moaners it ain’t a bad job.