Argos (XPO)

Anyone work for them?
good place to work?

What depot? Bridgewater is Wincanton

Magna Park - Argos will liquidate their last transport division. 100 Argos drivers will be transfered to Eddie Stobart.

Poor guys.

N0rbert:
Magna Park - Argos will liquidate their last transport division. 100 Argos drivers will be transfered to Eddie Stobart.

Poor guys.

Slightly confused here (not difficult!!) is this because of the Sainsbury tieup and in that case where does Stobart come in?

roadhog69:

N0rbert:

Poor guys.

Slightly confused here (not difficult!!) is this because of the Sainsbury tieup and in that case where does Stobart come in?

The cheaper alternative I would have thought…

The Co-oP did say that they needed to outsource their trunking because it wasn’t cost effective anymore to do it themselves, the same @ Tesco, and now Argos have bit the bullet…
The Argos trunking is a doddle, but to listen to their drivers, its rocket science and then some :unamused:
The Sainburys situation is going to shake up the whole Argos operation thats for sure, too much being lost/wasted by very poor management on the transport side :wink:

nick2008:
What depot? Bridgewater is Wincanton

Eurocentral depot

Why can’t anyone see the connection to all this? It’s all due to strong trade union holds. Coop, now Argos attempting to ‘bust’ the trade union stronghold.

Honestly !

They should shut Basildon that will save em a fortune instead of paying the lazy rats that work there, 5 hours for 5 lifts on Sunday and only 2 of us in delivering

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

scotstrucker:
They should shut Basildon that will save em a fortune instead of paying the lazy rats that work there, 5 hours for 5 lifts on Sunday and only 2 of us in delivering

Similar @ Barton the other Saturday, THREE shunters in for 12 hours EACH, with NOTHING to do, we were bringing in the sunday stuff which we dropped and swopped for empties…the shunters actually got in the way, as they couldn’t wait to tell you their plight for the day…apparently its a union agreement :unamused:

I`ve got nothing against unions, but these type of “agreements” are just pathetic, the management are too weak to do anything, and are after an easylife, and the unions seem to think that the gravy train will continue to trundle up the track :blush:

Basildon is worst one we do, it that bad that the boss told the customer that we will only do the Basildon delivery on a round trip rate as by time they tipped and checked it most of the reloads are gone or closed for the day

scotstrucker:
Basildon is worst one we do, it that bad that the boss told the customer that we will only do the Basildon delivery on a round trip rate as by time they tipped and checked it most of the reloads are gone or closed for the day

Yep, and you park outside at your own peril, the ■■■■■`s are watching you and just waiting for nightfall :cry:

That`s what security told me the last time the shafted me down there :open_mouth:

Yep only park there when empty and got as little fuel as possible

Everybody seems to have diverted from the original posting.Argos (XPO)
Nothing was asked about Basildon RDC or Stobarts supposedly taking over Argos in house Transport
As the subject has gone off track heres my input
Up to 5 years ago before I retired Magna Park was and to my latest bit of info of last week still is “in house” and nothing has been forth coming about the recent aquisition by Sainsbury`s
Basildon =Wincanton
Bridgewater = Wincanton
Heywood =Wincanton
Castleford = in house and DHL
Barton =Wincanton
Kettering = Wincanton
Corby =Wincanton
Scotland was at the time TDG which I think is now XPO
Home Delivery was run by DHL out of Stafford ,Bedford,Faverdale, Kettering and maybe a couple of other places

ALL of the vehicles and trailers belonged to ARGOS not the Contractors,

lolipop:
Everybody seems to have diverted from the original posting.Argos (XPO)
Nothing was asked about Basildon RDC or Stobarts supposedly taking over Argos in house Transport
As the subject has gone off track heres my input
Up to 5 years ago before I retired Magna Park was and to my latest bit of info of last week still is “in house” and nothing has been forth coming about the recent aquisition by Sainsbury`s
Basildon =Wincanton
Bridgewater = Wincanton
Heywood =Wincanton
Castleford = in house and DHL
Barton =Wincanton
Kettering = Wincanton
Corby =Wincanton
Scotland was at the time TDG which I think is now XPO
Home Delivery was run by DHL out of Stafford ,Bedford,Faverdale, Kettering and maybe a couple of other places

ALL of the vehicles and trailers belonged to ARGOS not the Contractors,

If you speak to the good chaps in the VMU @ Heywood, they are not too chuffed with the Argos buying/sourcing policy at present, those MERCs are causing more trouble than they are worth, 50% VOR the other week, now that is a poor return, no parts being a major problem…And, those spanking new DDs which are lying idle, design faults instigated by Argos apparently :unamused:

Beastly

It is rumours or not but people talk ready long time who Argos at Magna park will shut down and transfer to Crick just opposite new Sainsbury ,where just start some ground work to build new warehouse.But due Argos/Sainsbury merged that may be don t need extra depo.

Andrejs:
It is rumours or not but people talk ready long time who Argos at Magna park will shut down and transfer to Crick just opposite new Sainsbury ,where just start some ground work to build new warehouse.But due Argos/Sainsbury merged that may be don t need extra depo.

Dingle dangle do daaa. Gehaktbal.

Thank you please.

I have just spent 2 1/2 hours at Argos Heywood, to have 18 bloody pallets of kids toys tipped. One bloke with a pallet truck, scanning and checking every f**king pallet.

[zb] hole. Hope this helps.

eagerbeaver:
I have just spent 2 1/2 hours at Argos Heywood, to have 18 bloody pallets of kids toys tipped. One bloke with a pallet truck, scanning and checking every f**king pallet.

[zb] hole. Hope this helps.

What happened to ‘relax,you are paid by the hour’ … :grimacing: