Anyone seen this Truck ? Or one like it ? M62 East

On the M62 this morning East Bound up Windy Hill…

Never seen this before …!!! Think it was a 55 Plate

Near side fuel tank… BUT…

An LPG Fuel socket to the rear of the tank ? Cool…

How bizzare … but i bet its cheap to run once it switches over to the LPG

I did not catch name of Company… Trailer was a Tri Axle i think… half Blue

bottom half…Top half white if i can remember ■■? :question:

it was probably a CRL ( co-op retail logistics) running out of Alfreton
i tip in there a lot talking to one of there blokes about them bit slow on hills when fully freighted he reckoned

Could be Warburtons units, they run on LPG (Bolton depot)

If it really is an LPG socket then they don’t “switch over” to LPG like a petrol car converted would, but instead they run on part LPG part diesel, saving money on fuel, slightly increasing power and reducing emissions. Have a look at this link for a bit more information.

The other possibility is that it was a CNG filler. Trucks converted to CNG run on 100% CNG, not a mixture of it and diesel.

Paul

my crowd runs a rigid freightliner gravity tanker on lpg, and its a bloody heap of dirt, wouldnt pull the sheets off your bed

There are some topline Scania 4 series about that run diesel/gas I think they have Cool■■? on the doors.

It would be fowler wealch coolchain they did have about 15 of them.More mpg when working all on 420R scania more pulling power up hill’s

I was a tester for TRUCK mag a while ago & did a fair bit on these gas trucks, they did go well, that’s for sure, a bloke at Staffs CV, the Renault dealer, had a 385 Premium with a conversion on it & it is the fastest lorry I’ve ever been in, I did a test route around the Warrington area & picked up a loaded brick trailer from Barry Procters yard, when I joined the M6 at J16 I was on the limiter before I joined the Mway, on the flat you couldn’t change gear quick enough, a proper flying machine :smiling_imp:

Apart from a few Dual Fuel Fodens & them Scanias there doesn’t seem to be many around, Caratrans used to have a few ERFs running Ewals trailers from Ellesmere Port to Purfleet but I think they were all sold a while ago. :question:

Don’t understand why the Stobarts etc of this world haven’t embraced this idea, it would save them a fortune on fuel costs alone & then there’s the green side of it, the emissions are far lower than Euro5 so it would keep the tree huggers happy too :unamused:

newmercman:
There are some topline Scania 4 series about that run diesel/gas I think they have Cool■■? on the doors.

cool solutions from hull. owned by the same people as nipperess.

jessicas dad:

newmercman:

cool solutions from hull. owned by the same people as nipperess.

That’s em :smiley:

I’ve seen a few old shagged 113 scanias with CNG on the front and a big gas tank. I’m sure it was safeway trucks. This was a few years ago mind

Yeah safeway had some but they went during the takeover by morrissons, they were always breaking down, don’t know if it was sabotage or not :question:

They were completely re engineered to run on gas with a spark plug in place of the fuel injector. I did a piece on this when I was writing for TRUCK mag, took one round a test track & they went well for a little 113

had a wagon and drag brick lorry pull on the pumps next to me to fill up with lpg. cant remember the company though.
when i had my petrol van convered the fitter was telling me that when you have a diesel converted to lpg they run on a mix of 90% diesel and 10% lpg.
so you do need to do big miles to cover the cost of the conversion.

Dave Watts of Staff Cv done that conversion when he was supplying cartrans but I think there was more to it that just a straight forward conversion !!! If you knew Dave you will understand what I mean

willie_mac:
Dave Watts of Staff Cv done that conversion when he was supplying cartrans but I think there was more to it that just a straight forward conversion !!! If you knew Dave you will understand what I mean

I know Dave & I know exactly what you mean :laughing:

if anyone wants to know about lpg and wagons pm me as my original post mentioned a big oil company and got deleted by admin
if anyone goes back to the banter between me n diseal dave pre take over