A Rare Sight...

You don’t see many R620 Scania’s on the road in the UK, presumably because the engine size and power is greater than most people need. So I was pleased to get this picture yesterday of a really nice R620 V8, in 4x2 configuration.

I like the paint job too. It’s just been sold by the looks of it, and was parked outside of Mendlesham Group’s garage on the A140. I have seen some similar looking ones there before, it would be interesting to see who’s bought it.

yeah i spotted that there a few times. they did have a pair of them in plain white for a while. not sure if thats one of them been painted or whether they sold the other two!! i wouldnt turn it down i know that much!

The Scania 580s run by JFH came thru the same dealers I believe, and certainily the same paint shop - as you can see (swap white for black and red for gold!!)

That black n gold one is the sister ship to the longline isn’t it?

I see it on the boxes running up n down!

what a waste of paint!! :laughing: :laughing:

could be parkingson :question:

Whoever’s bought them,kindle530 will be knocking on their door with a tin of polish in his sweaty little hand :unamused: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Spotted in lymm at the start of the month

By gogs2006, shot with COOLPIX P4 at 2007-08-03

Gogs,

Good pic - that’s one I’ve seen too. There were 2 of the out front of Mendlesham Group’s Garage back in December with ‘Sold’ signs on them, so that must be one of those. I saw it on the A14 pulling the Roy Humphrey (fridge?) trailer, so there will be 3 of 'em once this new one goes on the road, I presume all for the same company.

Makes sense if it’s on fridge work as they always seem to have higher powered trucks.

Maybe it’s based around Diss way if it’s pulling a RH trailer?

Some very nice shots there :smiley: :smiley:

i had one of the first in uk with every extra fitted for long serving driver doing milk reload 12 hour shifts home most nights.

mjt:
i had one of the first in uk with every extra fitted for long serving driver doing milk reload 12 hour shifts home most nights.

Hey, and welcome to the forum too :smiley: Nice place to start too isn’t it :wink:

mjt:

MJT - any chance of some pics then?? :smiley:

pics on my web sight www.meljonesandsontransport.co.uk

mjt:
pics on my web sight www.meljonesandsontransport.co.uk

I just took a look, yes I can see pics of the 620. But what really interested me was the section about the refurb of the old Foden. If you have pics of this the feel free to post away!!!

i restore old trucks for a hobby not mine though.pics of trucks ive done in classic mag most mounths that one was in last mounth.just finished f89 in cadwalladers colours will be on show next year.the old foden on web site was british salt 24 years service first to have rubber back end.was fit for scrap when got it like new when left.will try and sort out pics as take loads as going allong for custormer.

Gaz:
That black n gold one is the sister ship to the longline isn’t it?

I see it on the boxes running up n down!

how does he make that pay on the boxes I ask myself !!!

euromat:
what a waste of paint!! :laughing: :laughing:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

A pic of the last couple to be sold, I think I remember seeing these before Christmas.

KW:
Whoever’s bought them,kindle530 will be knocking on their door with a tin of polish in his sweaty little hand :unamused: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Steering wheels on the wrong side for me Keith!