Saw this the other day...

The yellow Scania in the pic below (courtesy of Neil Jarrold) - I passed it at Brampton Hut on the A14 last week, it has an Oxfordshire registration, and the owners name, M Thomas & Son, is engraved on the chrome on the bumper and bull bar.

I have to say it looks like the kind of thing the Dutch seem to be very keen on - a bit OTT - but when it pulled off from the lights, and those chromed sidepipes roared…

Anybody got any better pics? It was at Peterboro this year. I’ll keep my eyes open for it. Once again begs the question, how do you afford one pulling containers■■?

that yellow one went passed me the other day while i was doing a tyre change at the bp garage in felixstowe…sounds very nice with that chirp from the turbo that v8 scanias do…

iTHINK THE YELLOW ONE USED TO BELONG TO Jamie green

jay are you the one with the really clean sprinter and got a brother who works for batrums??

Finally got a pic of the yellow Scania. It’s a 144 which is allegedly chipped to 630 bhp, hence the noise it makes. It’s a bit over the top for pulling containers, makes you wonder how people can spend this kind of money!!

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh dear… :frowning: :frowning: :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m not normally a Scania fan but ■■■■ that looks good… I mean really good.

Alex

steve o:
jay are you the one with the really clean sprinter and got a brother who works for batrums??[/quoteI got a cleanish sprinter and I dont think my brother works for bartrums(Was a years since I saw him)

that scania is one of my mates trucks his name is marcus’s and he is from crick he used to have a blue one with art work on it and could be seen at trukfest and other shows he mite still have it.im posistive that truck used to be jamie greens i remember marcus in it before he had all the work done to it and jamie green had it up for sale at trukfest

was for sale in c/motor last week was around 38k… :laughing: :laughing:

the blue one was in cm about 6 month ago,a friend of mine was thinking about going owner driver & was going to buy it.

that was jamie greens it had a for sale sign in it at truckfest 2007

If thats Jamie Greens old one, its an ex Carr Brothers, and even thou its chipped up, its not up to scratch, i was told it was gutless when it was a 530.

I’m not surprised if its gutless theres 110 additional lamps to run and thats what we can see.

Stupot:
I’m not surprised if its gutless theres 110 additional lamps to run and thats what we can see.

It is more the 110 actually. Not that i counted :unamused:

Rob K:
Oh dear… :frowning: :frowning: :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing:

Couldn’t agree more - Yuk!!!

mightve won the lotto or something

if i won the lotto id buy a pretty cool truck and probably only work it 2 or 3 days a week

its a 6 legger aswell. 1 of them dodgy little lift axles hiding in there…