Anyone seen one of these trucks?

I wondered if anyone has seen the trucks that have cylinders slung on the chassis , i take it they are lpg tanks ■■ not seen one for a while though… if so what mileage to the litre do they get ■■
Any info would be appreciated !!! … keep on trucking… ^^^ :unamused:

I think the company is caratrans or something running GM Vauxhall trailers from Ellesmere Port to Purfleet although I think Sainsburys also run them.

I dont know what MPG they give but they seem to hold their own on the hills.

Wheel Nut:
I think the company is caratrans or something running GM Vauxhall trailers from Ellesmere Port to Purfleet although I think Sainsburys also run them.

Was Caratrans until they packed in over 12mths ago.
E.R.F.'s IIRC.

Safeway(I Think) Had some Scanias but they were all recalled and taken off the road. Not sure if this was by Scania or by operator.
This was a few years ago so could be mixed up a bit. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

if the tanks are torpedo shape they are most likely CNG(compressed natural gas)same stuff as you get in your house!

blod65:
if the tanks are torpedo shape they are most likely CNG(compressed natural gas)same stuff as you get in your house!

or in my arse… :laughing:

BOC Transhield at hemel use to run a few erf’s yrs ago on gas too…

When i was at the co-op in alfreton we had foden alphas with cng. They also had small diesel tanks. They ran hot and lost a fair bit of power when on gas(and we only had 345bhp to start with :laughing: ). Its a few years ago now so ive forgotten the mpg sorry.

Warburtons also have them.

Ken.

Cool Solutions had a couple of 4 Series Toplines with them, but they were recently up for sale in Commercial Motor minus the Tanks, so I asuume the kits have gone onto new Motors. Again CNG if I remember correctly. Although they still had a 300 litre diesel tenk for when they ran out of gas.