Anyone recommend a good HGV Training Company near me?!

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good driver training school in the Northwest of England?
Preferably Chester, Wirral or Liverpool.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

the only one i know of is at junction 8 on the m62 the one where all the road works have been going on near the services you can see them on the left heading towards manchester one of the big hangers

Near Ikea?

yep other the other side of the motorway

Hi mark

this fella got me thro class 2 and the 1 :smiley:

name is Ian and heā€™s very good

hope im ok posting this :question:

kithgvtraining.co.uk/

Cheers for the info Dave.

Iā€™ve discovered thereā€™s a company 10 mins down the road from me in Birkenhead called ā€˜AJM Transport Trainingā€™
Anyone know anything about them?

But Iā€™m more interested in finding a good company than the one nearest to me really.

So youā€™d recommend KIT in Liverpool then Dave?

yeah ian (at kit) was brilliant mate deffo recommend him but one of me mates is after his class1 and spoke to him last week and hes not doing class1 training no more just class2

what licence you after :question:

and as for ajm im still waiting for a call back from them since june 04 :open_mouth:

try these this train and test at simmonswood liverpool.

thomas hardies which is volvo truck and bus they train in fleets and do dsa course aswell as lgv training.

failing that for cheapness and good quality training try north county hgv glen is a good bloke and has been instructor up at simmonswood for to many years and knows all there is to know in liverpool and surrounding areas.

Dave L:
yeah ian (at kit) was brilliant mate deffo recommend him but one of me mates is after his class1 and spoke to him last week and hes not doing class1 training no more just class2

Iā€™m after doing class c & c+e mate.

class 2 is a ā€˜cā€™ licence, class1 is a ā€˜c+eā€™ - or it might be the other way round. But anyway Class 1 and 2 are just another way of saying ā€˜cā€™ and ā€™ :smiley: c+eā€™

Dave L:

and as for ajm im still waiting for a call back from them since june 04 :open_mouth:

Just to let you know Dave, if your mate is still after doing his class 1, apparently Ian at Kit is still doing Class 1training. I got an email off him with prices and stuff. Just thought Iā€™d let you know :slight_smile:

Please remember,just because youā€™ve passed a driving test for a truck (of any description), it does not mean you CAN drive,it just means that you attained the acceptable standard!!!.
Everyday is a new lesson on the road.

Kellysā€™hi:
Please remember,just because youā€™ve passed a driving test for a truck (of any description), it does not mean you CAN drive,it just means that you attained the acceptable standard!!!.
Everyday is a new lesson on the road.

hi Kellys hi :smiley: and welcome :smiley: :wink:
yes mate but it also means the examiner feels you are at a safe standard
to be let loose on the roads by yourself. :wink:

P.S. what part of belgium are you from mate

Welcome to Trucknet Kellysā€™hi :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I can thoroughly recommend ā€œTown & Countryā€ which is very close to Simonswood.
Steve Richards, the owner, irons out your faults and John who works for him is excellent also. Highly recommended. They do a pay-as-you-go also.
He has a DAF 85 with a 4-over-4 gearbox and a 33ā€™ twin axle trailer.
Steve (mob) 078855-947644
I am not affiliated with them in any way. I was trained previously and realised how much better Town & Country was.
I am going back for a retest asap after failing the Class 1 with 9 points in total.
I hit a kerb and had 2 other serious faults due to a minors adding up in gears and observations.
I do not blame the training in any way.
I am not on line very often at the moment but hope this helps.

All the best
aposhark (Mike)

[/quote]

Just to let you know Dave, if your mate is still after doing his class 1, apparently Ian at Kit is still doing Class 1training. I got an email off him with prices and stuff. Just thought Iā€™d let you know :slight_smile:
[/quote]

its a touchy subject at the moment with him mate he failed on the reversing exercise and didnt get out of simonswood last monday, nerves just got to him and he hit a cone

what about you,decided on a training course :question:

Dave L:
what about you,decided on a training course :question:

Hi Dave
Iā€™m either gonna go for Kit Training in Liverpool or North County I think.
Iā€™m taking redundency from work which I had the forms & was all set to do but apparently thereā€™s a better offer about to come up so Iā€™m gonna hold back a couple of months & see what happens.
Iā€™ve had my medical & just taken receipt of my provisional license so I just need to book my theory & Iā€™m all set to go.

Hi

I can highly recommend TRUK for hgv training. They have two branches - one in bolton and one in warrington.

Training is in Volvo FM7ā€™s or Scanias. Great company, I passed first time with them. Lots of good advice for when you start a job too, I knew nothing about sheeting and roping and they showed me the ropesā€¦hehe.

They can also advise on any local vacancies and seem to know the agencies looking for drivers.

I know a few drivers who have used them and I called them up on a recommendation. Never regretted it.

You can take a starter lesson for about Ā£40 which is well worth doing. This includes medical fee, licence application and 1 hour assessment.

Warrington branch covers the whole of Merseyside http://www.trukwarrington.com

Bolton branch covers Manchester: http://www.trucktraininguk.com

hope this helps

Karl

karlregis:
Hi

I can highly recommend TRUK for hgv training. They have two branches - one in bolton and one in warrington.

Training is in Volvo FM7ā€™s or Scanias. Great company, I passed first time with them. Lots of good advice for when you start a job too, I knew nothing about sheeting and roping and they showed me the ropesā€¦hehe.

They can also advise on any local vacancies and seem to know the agencies looking for drivers.

I know a few drivers who have used them and I called them up on a recommendation. Never regretted it.

You can take a starter lesson for about Ā£40 which is well worth doing. This includes medical fee, licence application and 1 hour assessment.

Warrington branch covers the whole of Merseyside http://www.trukwarrington.com

Bolton branch covers Manchester: http://www.trucktraininguk.com

hope this helps

Karl

Cheers for the recommendation Karl

Iā€™ve been in touch with Truk in Warrington & Iā€™m gonna arrange an assesment with them.

I will be able to train in my spare time, evenings & mornings, which will be a lot easier for me.

got my theory test on Wednesday so assuming I pass that, itā€™s all systems go! :slight_smile: