HGV Training School Liverpool

Passed my class 2 a few days trained with this school

hgv-training-northwest.co.uk/

competitive pricing £1105 for a full weeks training, and test, same fee if you do C+E.
I’d done my medical and theory tests myself before contacting a training school, I do no they can arrange medicals for around £50.

Excellent school, trucks were pretty new and ran well, a DAF truck(rigid) and a MAN truck (Artic) both 4 years old and manual transmission. The trainers (farther and son) were excellent and very good teachers. Patient friendly and have a good eye for detail. Also they do a good job of motivating you to perform at your best, all you can ask for from a trainer.

Passed on my 2nd attempt, first I failed on progress, nerves got the better of me and I just wouldn’t get the truck going on clear roads.
My second attempt I was fine, 6 minors the drive felt good, I knew I’d passed before the examiner told me.

Mark the trainer took me up with somebody else to see the test routes, and watch the reversing, this was optional and of no cost to me, but this helped a lot because I got to watch the reversing too see how it looks and go around some of the test routes.

Excellent training school, if you looking to get your HGV licence, and you live close enough to travel here I recommend them.

If anyone has any questions I can answer, also I can answer questions about the nearby school in Wallasy called “AJM transport” I did a one lesson here but had to stop due to family emergency, when I was ready to train again I chose Northwest Training School.

This school is already in the members recommended training schools - link below in my signature

But good to have an up to date recommendation :smiley:

ROG:
This school is already in the members recommended training schools - link below in my signature

I dont see it, only see AJM under merseyside section

thehig:

ROG:

Lancashire ENTERPRISE / HGV TRANSPORT TRAINING / HINDLEY GREEN / LANTRAIN / RED ROSE / RIBBLE VALLEY / TOWN AND COUNTRY / WIGAN /

ROG:

thehig:

ROG:

Lancashire ENTERPRISE / HGV TRANSPORT TRAINING / HINDLEY GREEN / LANTRAIN / RED ROSE / RIBBLE VALLEY / TOWN AND COUNTRY / WIGAN /

Oh I didn’t notice it because it’s under Lancashire, the school is based in Merseyside in Hutton, not far from Runcorn bridge

thehig:

ROG:

Now look what you’ve started… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

I’ve added another link in the Merseyside section, but I’ll check out which county it belongs in when I get chance. :smiley:

Wish more would do it this way. Website says 1 day a week over 5 weeks. PAYG on Saturdays. Not easy for some of us to get the full cost upfront. Bit too far for me though to travel.

LE1erRE:
Wish more would do it this way. Website says 1 day a week over 5 weeks. PAYG on Saturdays. Not easy for some of us to get the full cost upfront. Bit too far for me though to travel.

Many learn better that way than all in one go - it also allows the test to be booked when the trainee is ready

Hi mate I passed first time with town and country, I believe you can pay as you go also with them.

I’d recommend them.