Anyone know how......

To play an iPod/iPhone through one of these, it’s in a 06 MAN, there no aux in connection on the front, tried a fm transmitter but no good on the move, any help appreciated

One way to use an FM transmitter is to take the ariel off the truck. Used to work for me, perfect signal from the transmitter but not interference from outside.

Or just buy a good one, I tried a few and returned them before I came across this one:
amazon.co.uk/WiKi-CARMP3-Wik … 4&sr=8-133

I am using it in Sprinters, Transits and Mercedes Atego, good quality and loud sound.

Listen to the radio a lot too so that wouldn’t be any good, thanks anyway, mate of mine uses something called an ioplay in his car but it’s a lot if messing about with wires plus I’d have to put it through a dropper as only 12v, hoping for a simple solution

mutley:
there no aux in connection on the front,

Try looking at the back, might be one there.

Edit,

just found this:-

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63032

Copy all the stuff you have on Ipod to CD and play the CD…

Better sound quality too :smiley:

Nothing on the back either Redboxer.
Been using a Belkin transmitter Orys, so you don’t get any interference with that one on amazon?
Got enough crap without carting a load of CDs about :slight_smile:

You might be able to get a lead for it that goes into the CD changer socket on the back. You can do that with the Blaupunkt units fitted in a DAF, I’ve done that and there is a thread showing step by step pictures on here somewhere that someone posted… See if you can find a model number and Google it.

bluespot.co.uk/shop-online.aspx/accessory

mutley:
Nothing on the back either Redboxer.
Been using a Belkin transmitter Orys, so you don’t get any interference with that one on amazon?
Got enough crap without carting a load of CDs about :slight_smile:

I tried three or four and Belkin was the worst.
EDIT: Sometimes you get some interference, especially around London where is plenty of radio station and it’s hard to find empty frequence, but the signal is strong enough to play over some weak signal of distant FM station.

Also sometimes when I pass the lorries, I hear THEIR music - maybe the signal is stronger if you have 24 V in it :wink:

There’s a few options to be going on with, thanks very much

Coffeeholic:
You might be able to get a lead for it that goes into the CD changer socket on the back. You can do that with the Blaupunkt units fitted in a DAF, I’ve done that and there is a thread showing step by step pictures on here somewhere that someone posted… See if you can find a model number and Google it.

That is exactly the same radio I have in my DAF, but it’s marked Bluespot/Blaupunkt.I followed Coffee’s advice and it works perfect. I bought my lead off e-bay tho’ - bit cheaper :slight_smile: Some top bloke done pics on here somewhere.

These aren’t much to look at but they are brilliant…i’ve had one for the past 4 years and its not let me down,really good quality and i’ve bought them for a couple of other people too who think the same,had a Belkin and iRiver socket ones and they are total ■■■■…this has a range of 40 feet which is not quite broadcast legal as the Belkin and ones bought in the UK only have a range of about 6 feet…i use mine for with my TV also…am currently using it with my DAB radio for 6 music as im sick of all the other ■■■■ on the normo radio,runs off 3AA batteries,the ones i have in now have lasted 3weeks and radio on most of the day.

amazon.co.uk/Linex-Wireless- … 055&sr=8-1

Bikemonkey:
These aren’t much to look at but they are brilliant…i’ve had one for the past 4 years and its not let me down,really good quality and i’ve bought them for a couple of other people too who think the same,had a Belkin and iRiver socket ones and they are total [zb]…this has a range of 40 feet which is not quite broadcast legal as the Belkin and ones bought in the UK only have a range of about 6 feet…i use mine for with my TV also…am currently using it with my DAB radio for 6 music as im sick of all the other [zb] on the normo radio,runs off 3AA batteries,the ones i have in now have lasted 3weeks and radio on most of the day.

WOOOO HOOOO 6Music gets a mention on Trucknet by someone other than me. Woooooo hooooo

Glad I stumbled on this as I have been toyin with getting a belkin transmitter after finding others a waste of time and money. I have a 56 Scania R480 with the factory fit stereo.

them transmiters are ok until u get around london or any big city were thers no free signals to many pirate and local radio stations

switchlogic:

Bikemonkey:
These aren’t much to look at but they are brilliant…i’ve had one for the past 4 years and its not let me down,really good quality and i’ve bought them for a couple of other people too who think the same,had a Belkin and iRiver socket ones and they are total [zb]…this has a range of 40 feet which is not quite broadcast legal as the Belkin and ones bought in the UK only have a range of about 6 feet…i use mine for with my TV also…am currently using it with my DAB radio for 6 music as im sick of all the other [zb] on the normo radio,runs off 3AA batteries,the ones i have in now have lasted 3weeks and radio on most of the day.

WOOOO HOOOO 6Music gets a mention on Trucknet by someone other than me. Woooooo hooooo

Its the future mate since all the other radio stations went out of business cause they played the same old X Factor,N-Dubz,Tiny Tempah Euro manufactured lyrical ■■■■■ hour after hour,week after week,6 music is the only one left on the airwaves :wink: …had a Digi for a few years at home,bought another one about 2 months ago purely for the truck,have asked for a Pure Highway DAB for chrimbo and that will free up some space as the radio sits on the dash with the aerial poking up to the curtain rail.
Keep up the 6 music listenership Swithchlogic,keep on truckin :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Coffeeholic:

Nice one Coffee, just got a MAN myself and was wondering how to run the music on my phone.

Where do you get your Audio books from? (from your mini diary). Is there an App or do you transfer them from your 'puter?

W

Coffeeholic:

Just ordered one off eBay for £5.80, nice one

I don’t understand why you can’t use a ipod transmitter on the move. I bought one for £5 off play .com and don’t have any problem with it, use it every day.

mutley:

Coffeeholic:

Just ordered one off eBay for £5.80, nice one

Could you please let me know if it works okay?

Thankyou in advance,

W