Anyone know how......

Used a blaupunkt aux lead on my 07 TGA withthe same stereo.

ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-1-8-BLA … 4ab0364390

From memory though you need to switch the AUX function on in the stereo menu setting, can’t remember how but if you scroll through all the menus you will find an Aux on/off setting.

Worked fine for me for 3 years!

knight:
I don’t understand why you can’t use a ipod transmitter on the move. I bought one for £5 off play .com and don’t have any problem with it, use it every day.

I have to re-tune all the time due to radio coming in over the top of it, it’s a Belkin, thought they were supposed to be a good make, obviously not the one I have, it’s nearly gone out the window more than once just can’t be bothered with it

AlexWignall:

mutley:

Coffeeholic:
You might be able to get a lead for it that goes into the CD changer socket on the back. You can do that with the Blaupunkt units fitted in a DAF, I’ve done that and there is a thread showing step by step pictures on here somewhere that someone posted… See if you can find a model number and Google it.

bluespot.co.uk/shop-online.aspx/accessory

Just ordered one off eBay for £5.80, nice one

Could you please let me know if it works okay?

Thankyou in advance,

W

Will do, be a while yet as it’s coming from hong kong

AlexWignall:
Where do you get your Audio books from? (from your mini diary). Is there an App or do you transfer them from your 'puter?

I get most of mine from Audible.co.uk. They have an app I use on my Android phone and either download them directly or transfer them from my PC.

mutley:

knight:
I don’t understand why you can’t use a ipod transmitter on the move. I bought one for £5 off play .com and don’t have any problem with it, use it every day.

I have to re-tune all the time due to radio coming in over the top of it, it’s a Belkin, thought they were supposed to be a good make, obviously not the one I have, it’s nearly gone out the window more than once just can’t be bothered with it

Like I say unscrew the ariel, hey presto no interference.

switchlogic:

mutley:

knight:

And no radio :frowning: can’t be without the radio

Coffeeholic:

AlexWignall:
Where do you get your Audio books from? (from your mini diary). Is there an App or do you transfer them from your 'puter?

I get most of mine from Audible.co.uk. They have an app I use on my Android phone and either download them directly or transfer them from my PC.

That’s great, I’ve made a couple of half hearted searches on Android Market to no avail. You’ve pointed me in the right direction now, thanks.

Do you get a authors discount?

W

mutley:

switchlogic:

mutley:

knight:

You cant use the FM transmitter and listen to the radio at the same time surely? Whipping the ariel off is a 10 second job, pop it back on when you want the radio. Or buy a digital radio.

i have been saving my pocket money for a pure highways dab thingy, as recommended by luke, but now have a stereo with mp3 socket. i am wondering if a normal household digital radio would pick up a decent signal on the move, and then running a lead from its headphone socket to the mp3 socket?
this is also so i can listen to 6music (and 4extra!)

switchlogic:

mutley:

switchlogic:

mutley:

knight:

You cant use the FM transmitter and listen to the radio at the same time surely? Whipping the ariel off is a 10 second job, pop it back on when you want the radio. Or buy a digital radio.

No but as I switch between the radio and iPod a lot during the day it’s not really ideal to keep removing the aerial, much better to use the aux lead

happysack:
i have been saving my pocket money for a pure highways dab thingy, as recommended by luke, but now have a stereo with mp3 socket. i am wondering if a normal household digital radio would pick up a decent signal on the move, and then running a lead from its headphone socket to the mp3 socket?

I tried a solar powered household radio in the car once, was quite bad at keeping signal. With the Pure Highway you can plug it into the socket, that’s what I do with mine, wonderful clear radio.

The Pure Highway is one of the best things I’ve ever bought for the truck. But a truck really needs the optional £20 MagMount ariel as the windscreen ariel it comes with is rubbish. With the MagMount you’ll hardly ever lose signal.

Long live 6Music!

mutley:

switchlogic:

mutley:

switchlogic:

mutley:

knight:

No but as I switch between the radio and iPod a lot during the day it’s not really ideal to keep removing the aerial, much better to use the aux lead

Or buy a digital radio and embrace the future! They have a very powerful inbuilt FM transmitter that you can use with the iPod.

switchlogic:

mutley:

switchlogic:

mutley:

switchlogic:

mutley:

knight:

Or buy a digital radio and embrace the future! They have a very powerful inbuilt FM transmitter that you can use with the iPod.

I am embracing the future, all spare penny’s are going towards my iPad at the moment, just have to hide it from the kids, it’s mine all mine, well it will be when I get it :slight_smile:

mutley:

switchlogic:

mutley:

switchlogic:

mutley:

switchlogic:

mutley:

knight:

I am embracing the future, all spare penny’s are going towards my iPad at the moment, just have to hide it from the kids, it’s mine all mine, well it will be when I get it :slight_smile:

Fair enough. A good digital radio app the the iPad is TunedIn.

Gaz:
Used a blaupunkt aux lead on my 07 TGA withthe same stereo.

ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-1-8-BLA … 4ab0364390

From memory though you need to switch the AUX function on in the stereo menu setting, can’t remember how but if you scroll through all the menus you will find an Aux on/off setting.

Worked fine for me for 3 years!

Just thought of a problem. Will the trucks handsfree kit be connected via the same socket?

Or is there two sockets?

W

Mine wasnt as had a Motorola full kit in for the phone… so all good!

happysack:

I bought a Pure One Talksport radio that they were selling cheap for £30 from hughes electrical,is a household one and plugged into an inverter with the FM transmitter works absolutely fine mate,tune it in and it doesn’t seem to need re-tuning,i go all over the UK too. :wink:

knight:

Gotta agree with you there mate. Ive got a cheapo fm transmitter from asda that I use with a spare nokia fone with my 8gb memory card in it. Never had a problem with it anywhere. I just leave it tuned to 87.5

kirky7:

knight:

Gotta agree with you there mate. Ive got a cheapo fm transmitter from asda that I use with a spare nokia fone with my 8gb memory card in it. Never had a problem with it anywhere. I just leave it tuned to 87.5

I can explain it to you. It is very simple. Some FM Transmitters are good, and some are not. If you were lucky to buy the good one at first try, then you can use it no problem. If you was less lucky, you had to try few before you got the good one.

I hope I helped.

orys:

kirky7:

knight:

I can explain it to you. It is very simple. Some FM Transmitters are good, and some are not. If you were lucky to buy the good one at first try, then you can use it no problem. If you was less lucky, you had to try few before you got the good one.

I hope I helped.

Well for £7 it looks like I got one of the good one’s then :sunglasses: