Volvo Fh iPod connect

I see people have posted about this before but I’m in a 12 volvo and it has an aux and usb connect above the radio. I have it wired from the usb slot to the iPod and it registers that the iPod is plugged in and the songs come up but no sound did anyone get this sorted??

Mine does that too. I don’t bother now.

I’m not being patronising, but have you changed your radio function to aux…

perkibre:

Clearly

EIRE:

perkibre:

Clearly

Mmmmm… I don’t know then, I’ll ask around our lads, and see if anyone knows.

From my experience iPods don’t work in these type is USB ports, they will only charge them. The USB port is designed for memory sticks where the files are easy to get to, an ipod it a pretty closed system. The only way it will work is to use an aux cable from the headphone port on the ipod to the aux port in the truck. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem in the car only the Aux lead works the iPod I had volume but had to turn radio up full and could only just hear it had to buy a new lead turns out the cheap ones are crap bought a half decent one and solved it

There’s even a bit in the Manuel about iPod connection but i dunno. Thanks anyway

Mines an 09 plate and I use a Aux -Headphone lead and it works fine…USB is a no go.

It sounds like it might be a similar setup to my BMW. If so, you’ll need what they call a Y cable (iPod connection at one end, USB & 3.5mm Jack at the other). The USB allows control of the iPod functions but all the sound comes through the jack.

USB alone won’t work as you’ve found.
Connect both the USB and aux leads to get sound and use the radio buttons to control the iPod.
Or
Connect just the aux lead to get sound but you will have to use the iPod itself to change tracks etc and not be able to use radio buttons.