Any Volvo Technicians on here?

Hello folks,
I have a 24 volt microwave (made by Allride), brand new and in the box. Our technician in work is happy to fit it for me but our Volvo dealer can’t or won’t furnish him with the best way to wire it all in.
I thought fine, bit the bullet, and asked Volvo for a price to wire it in (I have the extra cabling pack too). After 4 phone calls I still haven’t had a price off Volvo - hmmmmmm!!
I have a new shape FH 500 but it’s second-hand to us and came with no handbook.

Any Volvo techs or anyone have an idea on how to do this properly. Boss man is fine with me having one in the cab as long as it doesn’t set his unit on fire - which I understand!!

Thanks in advance if there are any answers…

Hello mate,

I am a volvo technician, your truck is an FH4 yeah?

If so I have access to the instructions we use when installing microwaves, it might require ordering a few bits on your part but all the part no’s are in the instructions.

Let me know and ill PM it to you.

If in doubt just run it straight to the batteries.

Own Account Driver:

with an inline fuse obviously

Thanks all for the replies - been in the middle of nowhere all day with no service till now so belated thanks.
War cake - I will PM you with registration number etc in case this helps.
Thanks again.

bobdebouwer:

Own Account Driver:

with an inline fuse obviously

Yes, unless you can run it through a megafuse already fitted for an anderson socket. Allride do a kit which is basically wire with an inline fuse specifically for their microwave seem to think it’s expensive for what it is.