Inverter and microwave

Hello everyone who reads this. I’m new to this forum. I drive for a Nice little firm out of Sheerness-Kent.(Ontime Logistics) Got spoilt when I arrived with an FH12 480 with an inverter and microwave. Now I have just moved over to a 10 plate DAF 105 460. I have only been driving around 8 months but love the job to bits. Helps if you have the kind of boss I do :slight_smile: Anywhos I need to buy an inverter and a microwave for it now and am not really clued up. Been told to get an inverter that has 1500w 24v minimum. Also to make sure microwave start-up wattage isn’t above the wattage of the Inverter. Don’t really want to buy a cheap inverter off eBay as I don’t want it blowing or just not working when it turns up. Any help would be brilliant and I would be very grateful. Also I don’t want just the 24v microwave as I would want to be able to plug other things into the inverter.

Steffan :slight_smile:

Why don’t you look in the volvo and see what that one is :laughing: .

I have a 2kw inverter and it runs a microwave oven, an electric kettle and a toaster (but only one at a time). It will trip out if I use it for too long so I don’t think you could go any lower.

Take a look at this one, these are really good quality.

http://www.sunshinesolar.co.uk/khxc/gbu0-prodshow/VP150024.html

Read the FAQ’s page on that site for some really good advice on selecting the right inverter.

Thanks guys, and I would look at the one in the volvo but it’s boxed in :frowning:

I have a 1500w and 3000w peak, it has no problem running a 700w microwave. But I always have the engine running when I use the micro. If I try to bowl watter or use the microwave after a 10h on the nightheater even with the engine running the low voltage alarm will sound but I can still use it as normal.

Inverter is the best thing you can have in a truck :slight_smile:

Found it
autokaubad24.ee/en/products/ … gent-17416

Thanks icee but need it to be uk model :slight_smile: I get what you mean though :slight_smile:

OntimeTrucker:
Thanks icee but need it to be uk model :slight_smile: I get what you mean though :slight_smile:

Had forgotten you guys use some odd connection socket :slight_smile:

Icee:

OntimeTrucker:

Had forgotten you guys use some odd connection socket :slight_smile:

Yes, we have the best electrical plug/socket combo in the world :wink:

The British plug solves some problems that don’t exist in other plug-socket combinations. The British system is pretty much the only one in the world that is fused in the plug. This extra safety measure keeps you safe from too much current going through a mains lead and setting fire to it. But because there’s a fuse on the live wire, you need to make sure the pins go in the right socket – which is where the pyramid stack comes from. Brilliant: a problem solved that no one other plug needs to solve.

The fuse and sturdy construction prove the British plug is very clearly the safest in the world. But it’s better than that, because the sockets also feature shutters that prevent children from inserting paperclips and getting a nasty shock. There’s often shielding at the base of the live and neutral pins too, in case your finger slips between the plug and the wall and touches one of the pins. What’s more, if you pull the cord out of a British plug, it’s designed in such a way that the three inner leads disconnect in an order that prevents death.

The only time the good old British plug isn’t safer is if you accidentally leave it on the floor, then stand on it while not wearing any shoes. This is a level of pain that can only really be beaten by standing on Lego, or someone giving your reproductive organs a sharp yank.

If Chuck Norris was a plug, he’d be the sturdy, kick-arse British plug. If aliens came to live on Earth, they’d almost certainly bring new types of gadget, and those types of gadget would only work when connected via a British plug.

There is only one possible criticism of the UK plug and socket system, and that’s that it doesn’t really look like a happy, smiling face – the Americans can hold that over us.

Haha best thing ive read in a while Harry Monk :smiley: