New Here ... Question about my volvo?

Hi Folks

Just got given my new FH 480 XL, really pleased with her but have a small problem.

I have a 12/24v cooler box and other bits and pieces but my volvo doesn’t have a permanent live socket just the 12v lighter socket which comes on only with the keys, I’m thinking this must have come up with other people… so what have you done to get around it ?

Thanks Cecil

get your local workshop electrician to fit a cable with a constant
flow of electricity, problem solved

If only it were that easy… Gaffer wouldn’t let me do that to his brand new truck let alone the time it would be sat still not earning, plus muggins here would have to pay for it !! I figure I utilise the existing wiring for the coffee-maker. and do it on my rest breaks… but I’m buggered if I can find it !! It’s definitely there, as the fuse is there …

Cecil

Arizona:
If only it were that easy… Gaffer wouldn’t let me do that to his brand new truck let alone the time it would be sat still not earning, plus muggins here would have to pay for it !! I figure I utilise the existing wiring for the coffee-maker. and do it on my rest breaks… but I’m [zb] if I can find it !! It’s definitely there, as the fuse is there …

Cecil

Ask Volvo to do it when it’s in for service. Sean will agree with me that Volvo do an excellent job when it comes to fixing and installing things in the cab. :smiling_imp:

Hmmm !! That sounds like a plan… It’s only done 1200kms …I wonder when the first service is … I’ll ask tomorrow … Thanks for the info gents, any more would be greatly appreciated…

Doesn’t the XL come with a FF fridge then?

Well this it was supposed to according to my gaffer, but when it turned up … ala missing fridge and in its place a drawer full of nothing … doesn’t bother me so much as the drawer is quite handy and it’s lockable, good for keeping sat nav and ■■■■■ in :smiley: … kidding … it’s got all the other bells and whistles…
Get this tho … was driving away from my depot with a load the other day and I start to get low air warnings, so stop to have a look and listen but can’t hear any leaks, so jump in, by which time there is no air in the system at all now so have to call a fitter out … Bear in mind the truck is 3 days old with 300 kms on it … gaffer was not chuffed … turned out an air pipe had’t been tightened properly and had rattled loose … Doh !

i’m guessing that a socket must be an option, see if you can find a blanking trim, chances are the wires are already there.

You could always turn the ignition on!.

Good luck finding the coffee maker wiring, I’ve never found it in my FM

jammynutt … turning the ignition on isn’t really an option when most cdc’s want your keys and I take my keys home with me when I leave the truck at base… you can see my problem right ?

8wheels I spoke to volvo today who say its behind the passenger dash panel a white t-shaped plug with a thick red and thick white wire, I haven’t had a chance to look myself yet …

Dennis

I thought about that, I want to run my tv, inverter and fridge of one plug and as the coffee maker is fused at 30amp, I figure it’s perfect … Say Rob K does your coffee-maker stay on all the time ie permanent live ?

The coffee machine Volvo wired into my last truck was on a permenent live feed, you just had to turn the machine on and off with its own switch.

Arizona:
Well this it was supposed to according to my gaffer, but when it turned up … ala missing fridge and in its place a drawer full of nothing …

The fridge in the XL goes in one of the cupboards on the backwall, the one behind the passenger seat in a RHD truck. Well it did, I suppose they might have changed it?

Arizona:
Say Rob K does your coffee-maker stay on all the time ie permanent live ?

:open_mouth: I don’t drive an FH XL I’m afraid so can’t help you. Ask Neil (above), he’s the guru on all things Volvo.

Neil - How do you bypass the limiter on the volvo?

Apologies Rob, I got you too mixed up … Well I had ago at pulling the dash off the passenger side to see if I could find these wires but run into small snag, I need to remove the grab rail before I can get the dash off and I didn’t have any sockets with me … I’ll try again tomorrow …

Arizona:
Apologies Rob, I got you too mixed up … Well I had ago at pulling the dash off the passenger side to see if I could find these wires but run into small snag, I need to remove the grab rail before I can get the dash off and I didn’t have any sockets with me … I’ll try again tomorrow …

Theres a fuse box at the bottom of the passenger footwell i would try there first.

Don’t think its in the fusebox, it’s for bodybuilders mods. The fuse for the coffee maker is in the main fusebox on the top of the dash.

8wheels … yep your right it’s not in that kick panel, I spoke to a fella in volvo and he said it was in that dash panel … easier said than done !!

The fridge in my volvo is above my head. Being LHD it might be on the passenger side for RHD vehicles

The fridges in Stobarts lhd volvo`s is in the middle under the bed.
They dont come as standard though