Any one see Cop Truck?

Just whent on youtube and again a hero cop in action driving a Scania not sure if has been posted but will put link anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=ST5A6reA … re=related

malenki22:
Just whent on youtube and again a hero cop in action driving a Scania not sure if has been posted but will put link anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=ST5A6reA … re=related

the one that patrols is a plain white one has no markings as i’ve seen in in action.

Ok i always thought the police were there to uphold the law so in that clip where was the camera man sat■■? i always thought it was illegal to travel on the bunk with no seat belt! and why are thet able to overtake everyone else? it is not a pursuit vehicle! i could be wrong tho

the g bear:
Ok i always thought the police were there to uphold the law so in that clip where was the camera man sat■■? i always thought it was illegal to travel on the bunk with no seat belt! and why are thet able to overtake everyone else? it is not a pursuit vehicle! i could be wrong tho

because their truck has no limiter i dont think. so they can do 60mph which means they can pass truck’s…well excluding paddy of course :wink: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

NO mention about them catching car drivers who use fone,shavers,eating,& cutting trucks up at last minute to get off the motorway on to the slip road,just pick on the trucker again.
dont get me wrong i dont agree with using fone’s while driving but i see alot more car & van drivers out there using them than i see truck drivers.

andy.

Hes got a seat belt on, makes a change :wink:

i saw a police motorbike on the a34 between oxford and m40… checking lorry drivers… came along side me from the blindsopt then looked up at me :unamused: then just shot off behind the truck in front then stayed in the blindspot then did the same to him…
shame he never saw the car infront of him was texting :imp:

looks to be gong quite a bit over 60 in parts of that clip,

even more reason now to hide behind my frilly curtains :wink:

Reg are E 1 to 10 EGR they are Scania Truck of the year demo veicles. We had E6EGR the one on the video for 2 weeks as a demo all grey. But when you see one the police are not generally in it they are been loaned out to companys when the police dont use them. :smiley:

mark h:
looks to be gong quite a bit over 60 in parts of that clip,

even more reason now to hide behind my frilly curtains :wink:

In that clip at 1.32 hes flying that wagon who was obviously on the limiter. Wonder what the prosicution would be if he had a blow out and stacked it at 65mph :smiling_imp:

Mmmmmm what can we have next, im bored of the evo and subaru’s. I know will get a truck yeah that will be fun will say its for ermmm catching truckers on the phone yeah yeah thats it. Im driving first, no im driving first but u drove the scooby first. Absolute ■■■■■■’s who thinks of these things even at 65 how many trucks can u overtake without them spotting u coming alongside, il bet that camera man done a few hours in that motor before they actually caught someone, if they were serious about it surely they could set up a surveilence thing on roadside they would certainly inspect a greater number of drivers if nothing else. They have a bottomless bank account and seem intent on using it :angry:

why a 6x2 they are not carrying any weight :confused:

530power:

you forgot the 10 ton of donuts mate :smiley:

530power:

aha, psychology - that’s exactly what they want you to think “that’s a 6x2 so can’t be CopTruck, that’d only be a 4x2 as it doesn’t pull a trailer” and blatt past him talking on the phone, reading your paper, making a brew and watching a DVD on your laptop!

Some psychological consultancy was probably paid a small fortune to come up with it :grimacing:

on the video the reporter said “the police have been travelling up and down the M6 for a couple of weeks” … so thats doing thousands of miles costing thousands in derv, servicing, pc piggy angus wages to catch minimal amount of offenders!! whats a waste of OUR money again!!

chappy261:
… so thats doing thousands of miles costing thousands in derv, servicing,

Does the police helicopter cost any more or less than that?

Car drivers moan about police cars, Motorcyclists moan about police bikes and now truckers moan about police trucks - why, when they are just different tools to do a different job :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:
(that’ll get some interesting replies :wink: )

ROG:

chappy261:
… so thats doing thousands of miles costing thousands in derv, servicing,

Does the police helicopter cost any more or less than that?

Car drivers moan about police cars, Motorcyclists moan about police bikes and now truckers moan about police trucks - why, when they are just different tools to do a different job :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:
(that’ll get some interesting replies :wink: )

i actually agree with police holicopters, they are used to actually catch criminals like murderers, muggers and car thieves…truckers arnt criminals, i dont condone using mobile phones and watching dvd’s whilst driving but to use gallons of fuel for a £60 fine…its gone a bit to far now!!

I for one welcome a more visible police presence, whether it be on Raleigh bikes, Pan Europeans, panda cars, jam sandwich, truck or helicopters.

They have a power to do something about the mobile using sandwich eating reps & truckers, unlike the community support officers or the HATO

anybody seen the new scania recovery trucks that vosa have got ?