Police tractor units

Just wondered if any body had been pulled by one,cos its been quiet on the forums about them or are they just pickin on the foreigners?

From what I’ve been told they’re looking for anyone using things like laptops or TVs while driving. Basically they want to look in your cab to see if you’re actually driving and not playing on a PS3 or something. Haven’t heard they’re discriminating in any way.

Terry T:
From what I’ve been told they’re looking for anyone using things like laptops or TVs while driving. Basically they want to look in your cab to see if you’re actually driving and not playing on a PS3 or something.

I know this subject has been done to death :unamused: , but is there really that many of us, foreign or otherwise, that actually do this for them to justify the money wasted on this cack. I think I have maybe seen it twice in UK (last time about 5yrs ago) in 30yrs as a driver.

i have seen a few things in the last 34yrs

all this while driving a truck mostly on motorways
reading a news paper
Boiling a kettle or making a drink
cooking a meal on stove
rolling cigarettes this guy was steering his truck with his knee M1 doing 60 mph
fondling a female
■■■■■■■■■■■■ them selfs OMG :open_mouth:
holding a mobile phone lost count on how many ive seen doing this

This is why the coppers are in the artics filming us

Terry T:
Basically they want to look in your cab to see if you’re actually driving

If they can get level with another lorry i assume they’re not limited to 56mph.

Davnic:

Terry T:

Why would they need to be?

Davnic:

Terry T:

That would be the same as the fire service :unamused:

robroy:

Terry T:
From what I’ve been told they’re looking for anyone using things like laptops or TVs while driving. Basically they want to look in your cab to see if you’re actually driving and not playing on a PS3 or something.

I know this subject has been done to death :unamused: , but is there really that many of us, foreign or otherwise, that actually do this for them to justify the money wasted on this cack. I think I have maybe seen it twice in UK (last time about 5yrs ago) in 30yrs as a driver.

I have lost count of the number of trucks that I have passed or that have passed me with a lap top on the dash showing a film, I’ve even seen one that was on facebook… Or at least that is what it looked like form where I was sitting

how many of us can hand on heart say that we have never eaten our sandwiches or drank coffee while we are driving? Of course, that was in the old days, I’m sure we are all good boys and don’t do it now :wink:

These police lorries dont pull anyone up, they just use it a a high viewing point while the passenger films you, they are not in Police livery except for photo shoots and TV promotion. Did you notice that white Volvo or Scania unit just pass you with a couple of drivers in it? No? That is the idea.

Once saw a foreigner watching a blue movie could i keep up with him not a chance LOL

Steve