Police Truck

Reported on local news tonight about a police operated full size artic being used on the A1 and M1 to trap car drivers misbehaving.I hope this includes proceedings against those driving cars either aggressively or inconsiderately towards trucks.Or even those professionals amongst us who drive in a similar fashion.Wait and see.

Heard about this on my last dcpc course. Apparently they also spy on truck drivers drinking thier brew or rolling a ■■■ at the wheel whilst on cruise control! Better go there’s a roundabout coming up…

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Gidders:
Reported on local news tonight about a police operated full size artic being used on the A1 and M1 to trap car drivers misbehaving.I hope this includes proceedings against those driving cars either aggressively or inconsiderately towards trucks.Or even those professionals amongst us who drive in a similar fashion.Wait and see.

Doubtful. Car drivers are treated as kids vs. ‘‘professional drivers’’ who are ‘‘the adults’’ when it comes to taking responsibility for their actions. The kids are always let go cause they don’t know any better. Van drivers are like the teens in puberty - ‘‘can’t deal with them, just have to wait it out’’. Cyclists are toddlers - can’t blame them for anything at all, really.

Kent police recently had a plain white Merc Actros, would drive along filming into HGV cabs trying to catch drivers on phone/watching dvd ect. Passed me a couple of times on M2/M20

As long as you aren’t caught ■■■■■■■■■■■■ to the DVD you are watching you have a chance.

JeffA:
As long as you aren’t caught ■■■■■■■■■■■■ to the DVD you are watching you have a chance.

They’d have to be quick and have a high resolution camera to catch me! :blush:

Met Police have 2 that I have seen. Mainly used for Road Safety courses for Primary School Children, about not walking near them or cycling alongside. They are donated, so changed every 6 months/year.

JeffA:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that problem diminishes when your 3 abreast trying to watch the middle guys screen. :slight_smile: