Any one know if this is right

friday handing my keys in for the week, on me way out of yard, gaffa,s joey shouts of me back in, for a word.

terry were very sorry, but we are parking your wagon up, there just isnt enough work to keep it going.
this is no reflection upon your self, its just not viable to keep it running. if you need a reference we will do you a one no problem.
we will pay you for next week but you dont need to come in. 1 weeks notice.

well i was gobsmacked, i knew i was on 3 month trial, but had got on well with them and anticipated no problems getting a full contract.

so to recap, the reason is not enough work to keep the motor running.
question is

is this a valid redundancy? it just dont seem right to me.

any advice re-legallity wouild be appreciated. infact any old advice would be a help.

who said xmas spirit lives on eh. :cry:

oh and any 1 needing a driver in west sussex you know where i am

if your contract says they only have to give you a weeks notice tez during your 3 month period then thats it mate. :cry:

best of luck getting sorted :wink:

jon

Im afraid he is well within his rights to do that to be honest mate, 1 week is the minimum notice he is require to give you if you have worked more than 1 month, but less than 2 years for him. Not great timing but if the wagon is not paying then what choice has he got :question:

Good luck with the job hunting

OhTerry:
well i was gobsmacked, i knew i was on 3 month trial, but had got on well with them and anticipated no problems getting a full contract.

That rules out any action via a tribunal.

terry were very sorry, but we are parking your wagon up, there just isnt enough work to keep it going.

Sounds reasonable if true, you can hardly expect them to pay you and tax etc. on the wagon otherwise, and easy enough for you to check if you’re not miles away from the depot., but

this is no reflection upon your self, its just not viable to keep it running. if you need a reference we will do you a one no problem.

you can’t contest it even if they do continue to run it, better to take the offer of a good reference. Also if you take it calmly and without a row, guess who they will call first if there is an upturn in work and they do put it back on the road?

Yes. You. :laughing:

So shake his hand and smile, but get that good reference up front. Don’t wait until you need one, because apart from anything else he will never be able in future to make out it was anything other than genuine redundancy :wink: .

What do I always say? Paper Trail!!

Good luck with the next job.

Salut, David.

Good luck with the job hunting ohterry :smiley:

i couldnt agree more with David. if the wagon is not making money, it makes more sense to take it off the road. look for another job but dont burn your bridges. they could give you a reference and they may know other operators who are looking for drivers. better to keep your options open rather than follow my example and shout at those above :laughing:

Spardo:

OhTerry:

That rules out any action via a tribunal.

Sounds reasonable if true, you can hardly expect them to pay you and tax etc. on the wagon otherwise, and easy enough for you to check if you’re not miles away from the depot., but

you can’t contest it even if they do continue to run it, better to take the offer of a good reference. Also if you take it calmly and without a row, guess who they will call first if there is an upturn in work and they do put it back on the road?

Yes. You. :laughing:

So shake his hand and smile, but get that good reference up front. Don’t wait until you need one, because apart from anything else he will never be able in future to make out it was anything other than genuine redundancy :wink: .

What do I always say? Paper Trail!!

Good luck with the next job.

Salut, David.

GOOD ADVIVE and thanks.

i am taking that route, always was really. just had a red mist moment when i think of the time of year we r in.
thanks to the above comments.

back to the drawing board, i mean slob centre monday morning. :wink:
or maybe an extended holiday. :cry:

the weeks pay in lieu of notice gives you a fighting chance of getting sorted next week good luck

ohterry:
friday handing my keys in for the week, on me way out of yard, gaffa,s joey shouts of me back in, for a word.

we will pay you for next week but you dont need to come in. 1 weeks notice.

so to recap, the reason is not enough work to keep the motor running.
question is

is this a valid redundancy? it just dont seem right to me.

any advice re-legallity wouild be appreciated. infact any old advice would be a help.

who said xmas spirit lives on eh. :cry:

oh and any 1 needing a driver in west sussex you know where i am

that’s the Life :exclamation:
Do you know Parker from chisester :question:
ask for a Trunk-job.
the change is 50/50 that they need one

Sorry to hear you got this bad break Terry, bad news M8, but I think the lads have it all covered, I hope you summat soon that suits.

Thats real bad luck, all you can do is get on your bike and hope to find something, like the others have said stay on good terms and if you dont get nothing before christmas, pop into see them in the week before they may weel want some festive period cover, thats if you want to work during christmas and if you liked the firm anyway. good luck :wink:

ohterry:
back to the drawing board, i mean slob centre monday morning.

you are having a laugh yes?

if you want a decent job, dont go anywhere near the job centre (ironic but true). pull all your resources and contacts to find out who is looking. it may be worth contacting a few agencies too even if you dont want to do agency work, some employers prefer to recruit through agencies simply because they get a 3 month trial before committing themselves to a driver. plus you get 3 months on a better pay scale :wink:

i may be wrong, but i thought if you were on a 3 month trial, your on a 3 month trial, if they want you to leave early they have to pay you the full 3 months??

paul

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Ohterry, good luck with the job hunt.