Sort of HGV related?

Hi again all.
I have a bit of a silly question i think :question: :question:
OK here goes, i recently passed my cat c and have the chance of a job as class 2 driving which is great, nows the tricky bit.
I am in full time employment and am required to give 2 weeks notice what i am wondering is am i within my rights to give my current employer his 2 weeks notice as stated in my contract but to state the second week as a holiday as i still have 6 working days holiday to take plus 5 days holiday which all employees get at Xmas as the company closes at the festive time■■?
Ive looked all over the net for info on this but cant seem to find much about it.
I look forward to any input on this or even a link that might help.
Keep up the good work guys :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It ought to be in your contract, my last one said something about any remaining holiday entitlement could be used against your notice period aslong as the usual 2weeks notice for holiday was given. Ask them, they’re the ones who make the rules…

This is a bit naughty but you could do it if your present employer wont play ball.
You could give your 2 weeks notice, work 1 day and then go “sick”. If you dont get paid sick. so what - your contract ends within 2 weeks and you get your holl pay to cover the time you had sick.