Hanbury davies/wincanton

Hi all thanks for your recent help & advise.Could anyone tell me what han/dav is like to work for.Any ideas on wages & nite out money.working conditions etc.Any help would be great many thanks.K.

i ask about a job they said you start off on holiday relief.that was at donny though bloke said same for tilbury :smiley:

my younger brother has just started there, so either he will let you now or i will try and keep you posted when i speak to him

Well . . . . . . . . .

I’ve left twice in a strop :blush: and gone back twice :open_mouth:

A lot depends on which contract (customer) you get on, and which of the traffic operators run you.

It’s a job. It has good and bad points like any other.

I’ve found that if you just get on with it, it can be quite decent.

I’ve never heard even a suggestion of pushing your hours.

The tackle’s good.

They have accounts at most truckstops (if you can find one, AND get parked) and they pay parking for where they doesn’t have accounts.

Most people have to start on Holiday Relief until a wagon comes free, or they increase the fleet. That can last anything from 3 days to a couple of months. While you’re on Relief, you’re expected to work from any depot, on any contract throughout the country. But they pay (quite handsomely) for that. My Missus calls it my “doing now’t money” as well as mileage for using your car to get to the other depot. And obviously, time travelling to and from depots is work, so it’s paid and comes off your 13/15

Wages are nearly always right. Any ■■■■ ups are usually rectified the following week without any hassle.

I like it. At the moment. I’d even recommend it :open_mouth:

There are a couple of complete arses in the office, but then, isn’t that always the case ?

What the recent takeover/sale will do to it all. I don’t know. I’m just gonna ■■■■ it and see.

If you want to ask me anything more “personal” or controversial - drop me a PM.

(I’m not a “company man” and I won’t claim the 150 quids :wink: )

Hanbury’s was the first company I worked for,good firm at the time as I was new to the Industry and I learnt a lot while I was there.
They have gone downhill though the past couple of years,and lost a few good contracts,they have also lost some good drivers,choosing to take on Polish rather than UK drivers.
Differing pay scales with a Rip-off bonus scheme on some contracts.you get basic pay + a percentage of the revenue that the truck earns which to me is open to corruption,cause to be honest how do you know how much a particular journey is worth,so how do you know they are paying you the right money. :unamused:
I worked out of Southampton though,heard that the Felixstowe,Tilbury and Doncaster lot were doing alright out of it.

Did Hanbury Davies still have the contract out of the Culina depot in Milton Keynes, as the the boss at Culina once stated he wished to drive Wincanton’s out of chilled distribution and nearly suceeded by taking a lot of big contracts of them, eg Kraft foods, Kerrygold and others.

noticed a very young polish/ east european driving a hanbury yesterday! if it gets like benelux we’l all be out of a job or doing the same work for peanuts and i aint no monkey!!!