Any info on E400 EHG x lance biscomb 142

hi all…

anybody out there got any photos or info on E400 EHG,its a white cab,red chassis/bumper and plastics,no wind kit,scania 142 4x2,
im told it belonged to lance biscomb of preston pulling tippers

any info would be very much appreciated…

cheers…

hi i’m new on here, lance biscomb told me about this site and about you restoring the 142 E400EHG, my old man drove it for him from brand new running to ireland on bulk tipping work until getting a 143 3 years later. I’ve shown him your pictures he was very shocked, said he put the ‘intercooler’ stickers on the doors on the old cab. His first question was where’s the twin stacks gone?? it sounded really well. There was E401EHG too, identical truck. I have plenty of photo’s of the old girl around somewhere, i’ll dig them out and post them on here as soon as i figure out how.

lance is a good friend of mine i mentioned this too him some time ago.

I see Lance at the various Vintage Lorry Rallies I attend, does anyone remember the day cab F88 he restored ?
I have a picture somewhere will have to dig it out, it was taken at Alan Holmes yard at Haydock. regards Big Al

hi,if you look on the south wales hauliers thread.there is a photo of the day cab f88 that lance had,parked next to the f88 that i restored.

pete 359:
hi,if you look on the south wales hauliers thread.there is a photo of the day cab f88 that lance had,parked next to the f88 that i restored.

Thanks Pete, regards Big Al

hi all…

many thanks for the replies…as to the stacks,i never knew it had any !!! would love to see the photos of e400/e401…ive more photos of when i bought it…ill post them up asap…

cheers…

i remember the trucks well as i used to load out of seaforth corn mills and they were always in there aswell. they had some good lads on there. regards mark maguire