Any advice appreciated

I’ve just heard I’m shipping out for Barcelona tomorrow.Any info would be greatly appreciated as regards tolls,truck-stops safety etc. Thanks in advance.

Which way you shipping hignlander, if Caen there might be other lads heading that way, and if you are stop at the cabage patch at Bordeaux (the bp truckstop) which is 8.5 hours or Castets which is just under 10 hours from Caen or LeHavre this puts you in easy reach of Barcalona
Not sure on the tolls just under a 100 euros one way i reccon, ill check my expence sheets and get back with a more accurate figure.

Just checked the last trip it was 102 euro down France to Irun then over the mountain to Pamplona to join the peage past Zaragoza then back on the old road again some of the towns put you back on the peage tho, it cost me about 25 euros in Spain.
Watch where you park in Barcelona theres some low life about, the door lock protection devices could be handy

The BP is at St Andre de Cubzac , about 10 minutes north of Bordeaux. It’s not great IMO but you’ll find regulars on the route there.
If you can give more info I will gladly tell you what I can as I spent a years doing Barca every week :sunglasses:

Find out which way you are shipping and your destination address if you can :smiley:

Have no idea which way I’m shipping out. Delivery address is:-
Mercado Central del Pesca
Casilla numero 15
Mercabarna (spelling?)
Barcelona

Mercabana is easy to find ,just follow Zona Franca and its just past there ,you have to pay to get in there ,there are 2 resturants there and also a “club” for evening entertainment !!

kerbut:
Mercabana is easy to find ,just follow Zona Franca and its just past there ,you have to pay to get in there ,there are 2 resturants there and also a “club” for evening entertainment !!

Do they still take diesel cards :laughing: :laughing: I’ve heard they do / did / might errm I’ll shut up now :blush: :sunglasses:

I think the advice Highlander was seeking was more to do with directions and toll costs. Not being led astray down the Ramblas :smiley:

montana man:

kerbut:

Do they still take diesel cards :laughing: :laughing: I’ve heard they do / did / might errm I’ll shut up now :blush: :sunglasses:

No MM,you are getting mixed up with The Ranch in La Junquara , They take DKV

kerbut:

you cant beat a good club pmsl