Almeria to livorno

loaded almeria tues morning with plastic for farmers. caught ferry barca weds afternoon to genoa 18hrs
thurs ran down to livorno tipped and reloaded then managed to get around torino and park on motorway towards frejus in 10hrs
i took photos with my phone so if anyone knows how i can put them on here i’ll do a little diary or blog
cheers :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

think i’ve managed so here goes,

this was waiting to board ferry in barca going to mallorca, nice!! swedish plates i think

this is me waiting, bit smaller than the scania though!!!
only looks clean cos it was chucking it down!

this is the ship, quite big compared to dover calais, sorry not a better view but guardia civil wouldn’t let me walk about

think this is called the world trade centre in barcelona, anybody knows welcome to correct me

sorry but not good picture of montjuic castle barcelona

some random pics of barcelona from the ferry

Nice pictures, :smiley:

I have shipped out of Barcelona to Palma, but never to Italy, what is the cost of the ferry? it saves a lot of driving, I would guess about €300 for fuel plus tolls and would be more than a full shift. maybe I can persuade my boss to use it if ever we have to run that way :smiley:

as long as we passing barca on the right day we nearly always use it.
caught weds 3pm from barca arrived genoa 9am thurs so quicker than driving and cheaper means can do malaga to torreblanca 9hrs first day then torreblanca to barca is only about 2hrs45 with traffic then 24 off including ferry and start fresh week when off boat in italy
not sure of price as girl in office does all that sort of thing just know its better for lots of reasons :smiley:

If memory serves that SCANIA in the 1st pic used to belong to a Dutch owner driver (unless there are a couple about) on food (I think) tanker work It is the same colour anyway.

He used to have an old style bonneted Scania with the cab extended back and was featured in a UK mag a few years back.

Ben9:
If memory serves that SCANIA in the 1st pic used to belong to a Dutch owner driver (unless there are a couple about) on food (I think) tanker work It is the same colour anyway.

He used to have an old style bonneted Scania with the cab extended back and was featured in a UK mag a few years back.

bloke told me used to belong to scandinavian guy and won the nordic trophy with it years ago

Could be a different one then.

First of @ben9 sorry mate no way the
scania of the dutch guy is a different colour
and was last seeen i belive in a yard for sale
it being rather heavy,

@welshboyinspain excellent pictures ,and
you must have a easylife now with all this
navy lark, although it is nice to hear of
firms useing their noggen and ensureing
the job gets done and stays legal as well,
we will be waiting for the next write up
hopefully with lots of photos and lots of
text as well, thanks again for posting,

great photos mate keep them coming

By the way that is called the World Trade Centre in Barcelona can easily be sen from where the cruise boats come in as well

nice, maybe post in pro forum, next time?? you’ll get more views…how did you get a start with that crowd? never seen them in england, i would have thought paconsa, campillo etc would be where the brits apply for jobs, but i suppose thats all frigo work innit?

paconsa went through ages ago, right dodgy crowd although started up again as prima frio but now nearly all bg and ro drivers so wages terrible seems most uk drivers try to find job before moving
don’t live near murcia or almeria either so not much fridge work in malaga
we do darlaston 2 loads a week from algeciras steelworks so pretty regular in uk all with same trailers as its a co-operative Co-operative International Transports MAlaga
came to spain to live first then looked for work rather than looking from uk at only the ones that do uk so i tend not to do so much uk more often do italy, greece, germany, denmark, holland, sweden and sometimes north africa only uk about once every month or two
my boss doesn’t speak any english so it helps to speak spanish and he won’t employ eastern europeans after having one turn over brand new actros and fridge after consuming whole bottle whisky!!!
what pro forum you on about? its on here cos its european not sure where to put it really :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

@welshboyinspain, he means the
UK PROFESSIONALS FORUM,BUT
I DISAGREE as if they wish
to read then to visit the euro forum ,all diarys
on one bloody forum is not what i wish to see as
looking through and reading different diarys be it
from the UK, euro land ;M/E ;or from the ex pats in
USA; CANDA in all of the forums is for me
the best way,

brit pete:
@welshboyinspain, he means the
UK PROFESSIONALS FORUM,BUT
I DISAGREE as if they wish
to read then to visit the euro forum ,all diarys
on one bloody forum is not what i wish to see as
looking through and reading different diarys be it
from the UK, euro land ;M/E ;or from the ex pats in
USA; CANDA in all of the forums is for me
the best way,

SORREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

welshboyinspain:
paconsa went through ages ago, right dodgy crowd although started up again as prima frio but now nearly all bg and ro drivers so wages terrible seems most uk drivers try to find job before moving
don’t live near murcia or almeria either so not much fridge work in malaga
we do darlaston 2 loads a week from algeciras steelworks so pretty regular in uk all with same trailers as its a co-operative Co-operative International Transports MAlaga
came to spain to live first then looked for work rather than looking from uk at only the ones that do uk so i tend not to do so much uk more often do italy, greece, germany, denmark, holland, sweden and sometimes north africa only uk about once every month or two
my boss doesn’t speak any english so it helps to speak spanish and he won’t employ eastern europeans after having one turn over brand new actros and fridge after consuming whole bottle whisky!!!
what pro forum you on about? its on here cos its european not sure where to put it really :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

nice work. Yeah i’ve seen those prima frio about, did’nt realise that was the old paconsa

well if your doing long distance then get some diaries sorted, casablanca stylee! :laughing:

Do they allways put too much weight on,for steel rolls etc.Good waiting system,wait in parking for your number on a big screen.Cheap subsidised canteen as well.Have they finished the big gas rig,further in to town.Floating gas plant.Apparently there is no recession in Gibraltar,2 bed flats renting out at £1200 a month.

toby1234abc:
Do they allways put too much weight on,for steel rolls etc.Good waiting system,wait in parking for your number on a big screen.Cheap subsidised canteen as well.Have they finished the big gas rig,further in to town.Floating gas plant.Apparently there is no recession in Gibraltar,2 bed flats renting out at £1200 a month.

never have problem with weight cos i always have same trailer so when traffic office book me in to factory the exports know how much to load me with but coil carrier trailer is heavier than normal so only ever load max 23t.
they finished gas rig only recently we took one of the big cranes in pieces back to fos sur mer near marseille