Euro Novice Route Advice

Its planned for next year possibly, but I thought Id pick all you euro boys and girls brains anyway. On the wishes of her indoors, were hoping to drive to Southern Spain next year to visit relatives. And seeing as I havent done much driving abroad except when on holiday, Im hoping you can keep me right. The route is obviously from Scotland, to Puerto Banus in Marbella, but I want to go via the Millau Viaduct in France. The best scenic route with nice stop-overs would be mostly appreciated. I`m a total novice, but would three days cover it. Please advise guys and girls ■■?

The direct route would be via Paris, Pick up the a10 then A71 which will take you over the Pyranees via Clermont Ferrand and Millau. Then Beziers which will spill out onto A9 the main route to Barcelona. Pick up the A7 at barcelona to Valencia and then a choice of coastal route Via Benidorm and Alicante.
A92 from Murcia to Malaga then pick up the Malaga/Marbella road south .
Thats about 2000 miles About 4 days in a truck so you should be ok.
Scenery over Clermont over the Pyranees breathtaking. Interesting to beziers. Boring to Barcelona. coastal routes in Spain are brilliant If you want you can follow the coast from Murcia via Almeria and thats a good route. Havnt done it for years as cant get the rate but remember it well and with affection. Totally jealous, have a great holiday

Andy when ready drop me a pm and I will give you a detailed route to follow

Al depends on which channel crossing you take,and as the the miliau brigde,you will see very little while driving across(been over it at least a dozen times)then once you start the desent it drops quickly and if any anyone in the car is prone to being a little "car sick"that would be the time to get the sick bags out.Calais to the spannish border(med side) is about1200kms,in the car it is no probs to do it in the day,in a truck I can do it in a day and a half.

Try this ,it will give the price for tolls & petrol on the direct route @ French prices ( & all the known speed traps ) .Just press the second*OK* button.
viamichelin.fr/viamichelin/f … mePage.htm
Its so good,may go myself… :laughing:
Ouch! Just realised they have told you to go Portmouth. I think Dover Calais would be best ? Then all you have to do is change on the Mich plotter ,Glasgow to Calais. You can get the AA site as well. Press the Europe tag & plot from Calais.

You can have a good look if you are a car driver as they have a viewing area for the viaduct, 3.5 tonne maximum so no truck’s .