Helpful Members

I’ve just got back from Unna in Germany and as it was my first time to that town I thought I’d ask if anybody could help.
Brit Pete was perfect with his directions even down to the position and colour of the gates to enter the factory :smiley:
Thanks Pete and long may the helpfulness of this forum continue :sunglasses: :smiley:

Used to live in Unna- Massen a long time ago…

Couldnt agree more mate hes a top fella for reliable / correct info. :smiley:

Thanks a lot, for the nice remarks,However , there
are lots of other members out there, who also help out,
This site , along with the other trucker sites, all try to do
one thing, and that is to help, with the right answers when and if asked for, the internet has made it possible for people to
exchange views and comments and also answers. Together
we can answer MOST QUESTIONS WHAT EVER THEY MAY BE;

Here’s one for you then pete.
How much is it going to cost coming up the East coast of Spain from Alacante to La Jonquera, using as much national as poss?
Or better still, do you have any links to sites showing Toll charges, weght limits and HGV bans?

@berewic, the spain experts will come across with the answers Vas is one of those and his knowledge is far superior to mine about
SPAIN ; AS FOR TOLLS AND CHARGES TRY these
ONE
TWO
hope these two help out,will have a look for some more information and will post as soon as its found.

Also look through the euro stickys for any information that is posted there,

Cheers pete. :smiley:

it’s possible to go all the way up the coast on the N340/A7 for free as long as you don’t mind losing quite a bit of time as some of the run still takes you through towns along the way.

we take motorway from Elche towards Albacete then take Motorway to Valencia at Font de la Figuera. After Valencia N340 through Castellon is good road until Peniscola where you can choose to join AP7 or stay on N340 but at this point it goes through towns which will slow you a little.
AP7 will cost about 19euros up to Salou then free aroung Tarragona but if you stay on AP7 after this you pay quite a lot for some short stretches but the national road is not so good here so most drivers put up with it although there is a new motorway being built which will be free.

around Barcelona is free then the choice is Peaje to La Jonquera or N2 which is good road but not advisable for parking on as quite a bad reputation for robberies and prostitutes only decent place really is La Jonquera itself but beware where you park even there as some fuelling sites are quite bad cos full of United Nations of drivers, I’ve seen some very strange number plates there recently.

You must take the Peaje to cross the border but its only about 2 euros then your options reduce drastically in france and welcome to the most expensive road along the french coast :wink:

Thanks welshboy :slight_smile:

Off the top of your head can you say how much it would be if I ran the motorway all the way. According to google maps it takes over twice as long using the nationals. I’ve tried the links brit pete left but I can’t get the thing to come up with a price, just a phone number.

i think i can try to give you an estimate :blush:

first section from valencia past vilareal and castellon to pensicola everybody uses the national cos very good can plough along at 90 and safer to park at night than motorway as most decent restaurants have patrols in parking area

then from pensicola to salou its about 20 euros i think, then aroung tarragona they’ve removed one peaje and improved the road to 3 lanes it costs about 15 euros
once around the free bit of barcelona the motorway to la jonquera is about 30 euros some use it some don’t depends if you need to save money but you might lose half an hour

the expensive bit is france as la jonquera to lyon is nearly 90 euros but if you going to uk the millau route is much cheaper just bit of a climb to get to the bridge in the sky :exclamation:

hope that helps in any way :sunglasses:

Is there any particular reason why you need to go via La Junquera ?
you also have the option of running up via Madrid or via Sagunto-Teruel-Pamplona which will not only save any motorway costs but als reduces greatly the amount of tollroads that have to be used in France as well.

i don’t mean to offend berewic but message to basquo:

everytime i’ve spoken to uk drivers who have loaded tiles they always say the route they take is up the coast and through france :confused:
the route you say is so much better but maybe we should keep that for us spanish :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

It used to be used a lot by the Brits but seems to have fallen out of favour since the improvements.

welshboyinspain:

everytime i’ve spoken to uk drivers who have loaded tiles they always say the route they take is up the coast and through france :confused:
the route you say is so much better but maybe we should keep that for us spanish :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

If I was coming back to the UK from Valencia, I would go Irun but I’m looking at Valencia to Bologna. La Jonquera through Ventimiglia.

berewic:

welshboyinspain:

If I was coming back to the UK from Valencia, I would go Irun but I’m looking at Valencia to Bologna. La Jonquera through Ventimiglia.

watch that stretch of motorway after Venimglia especially in the tunnels the Carbinieri are pretty sharp around that area especially on speed and the overtaking ban.

suprised berewic needs help/advice. thought after all his years he would know the job by now . :unamused: :sunglasses:

Just a thought but what about the ferries…Barca to Livorno or Genoa??

Havent a clue what the costings would be though or whether you would actually save any time…would keep you away from plod though!! :laughing: :laughing:

It’s the cost/time that I’m interested in. I was hoping an O/D might have known, off the top of his head.

bullitt:
Just a thought but what about the ferries…Barca to Livorno or Genoa??

Havent a clue what the costings would be though or whether you would actually save any time…would keep you away from plod though!! :laughing: :laughing:

can´t remember price but when we worked it out it was only viable if you were going to get stuck with a long weekend driving ban

just came back from italy and used the ferry barca to genoa. 18hrs and office told me works out same as fuel and tolls so well worth it
left barca 3pm weds got to genoa thurs 9am tipped and reloaded livorno thurs afternoon and got around past torino towards frejus on 10hr day :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
brilliant ferry more like cruise liner with big garage only problem was it called at tanger first so hundreds of them sleeping all over the place on floors, chairs even in the bars!!!
every driver had own cabin cos all cabins empty :sunglasses: