Advice for Barcelona trip anyone please?

Hello,

My partner has been asked to go Barcelona on thurs in an artic. He’s been to germany double manned before so can handle driving on the wrong side of the road! He’s very nervous going on his own but knows its a once in a life time opertunity so isnt going to turn it down.

Wondered if any of you guys have any advice to put his mind at ease?

Roads to take/avoid. Law’s of driving/the road. Common scams. How much money he will need to take with him. - just general stuff really…

Thank you!

Mandi

tell him not to worry and have enough for tolls…
I am sure that the company will provide him with that information though…

Driving in Spain is easy…
Just be polite to the police if you get stopped otherwise it costs money… :smiley:

Other than than I hope he enjoys it… :grimacing: It will be a great run… any jobs going there? hehe

Amanda does your place also have wagons liveried up in TAF Shipping? saw one today and it looked remarkably like the rest of your fleet :question:

garnerlives:
Amanda does your place also have wagons liveried up in TAF Shipping? saw one today and it looked remarkably like the rest of your fleet :question:

Yes TAF Shipping is part of KOO… all the red lorries with Partner Link on are ours as well.

I’m sure he’ll be fine and I doubt he’ll get given much information about the trip :laughing:

Shortest way Calaise Paris Orleons Clermont over the Millau Beziers and you are 2 hours from the border there will no doubt be someone else on his way down dont be afriad to ask them just watch where you park as there are some curtain cutters on the Spainish services but the people are great and really helpful and try to use the old Spainish national roads to save yourself some money.

keep an eye for the weekend driving bans when going through france

unless he’s pulling a fridge

Tell him to look at the sticky s in the europost
and also try looking back through the forum at post
from those who have done Spain there are quite a few

There are a couple of ways you can go, Paris Millau is ok, I’m a cheapskate so I go Rouen Millau etc. Takes about 17-18 hours from Calais. The border can be a bit iffy and it’s best to avoid parking there overnight. Fill up with diesel in Spain, cheaper there. No real problems on this run tho, I’m sure he’ll enjoy it.

Thanks for all the info, Ive gone through the Euro forum and theres some great stuff on there. :smiley:

(and some scary stuff :frowning: )

he will be fine,just relax and enjoy the trip and pack his shorts lol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

when he’s in the mountains, tell him to look in his mirror for pick up trucks. if there are some blokes in the back of the pickup, they will probably try to stab his tyres to make him stop and nick his load. if he makes it obvious that he will run them off the road, then they will usually back off and wait for the next one.
the pallet burners (hookers) are quite reasonable, but tell him to get a ukranian, better looking and he could get an introductory discount.

dannymandi:
Hello,

My partner has been asked to go Barcelona on thurs in an artic. He’s been to germany double manned before so can handle driving on the wrong side of the road! He’s very nervous going on his own but knows its a once in a life time opertunity so isnt going to turn it down.

Wondered if any of you guys have any advice to put his mind at ease?

Roads to take/avoid. Law’s of driving/the road. Common scams. How much money he will need to take with him. - just general stuff really…

Thank you!

Mandi

no driving sat pm-sun pm probley need 100 pounds tolls are expenive ex portsmth to st boi 8 hs then 1 5 days to spain barcelona can give parking with bar what is he going to pm

Tell him not to cover the passanger seat in a Real Madrid shirt.

limeyphil:
when he’s in the mountains, tell him to look in his mirror for pick up trucks. if there are some blokes in the back of the pickup, they will probably try to stab his tyres to make him stop .

I’ve read some crap from you in my time phil, but this just about takes the biscuit! :wink:

limeyphil:
when he’s in the mountains, tell him to look in his mirror for pick up trucks. if there are some blokes in the back of the pickup, they will probably try to stab his tyres to make him stop and nick his load. if he makes it obvious that he will run them off the road, then they will usually back off and wait for the next one.
the pallet burners (hookers) are quite reasonable, but tell him to get a ukranian, better looking and he could get an introductory discount.

Very constructive,what a kn#b !!!

flat to the mat:
…Very constructive,what a kn#b !!!

Well…it made me laugh!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:

flat to the mat:
…Very constructive,what a kn#b !!!

Well…it made me laugh!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Agreed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Best advice is don’t listen to 70% of the stories and enjoy it. Don’t over think it and worry about what may be before he sets off, just go with the flow and deal with situations if or when they happen.