Another one lost

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox … e-26286516

RIP Driver :frowning: :frowning:

Why not leave the badger where it was.It would have been crushed by passing traffic and the rain would wash away what is left.
A driver killed.Was it worth it.?
Bet some do gooder reported it as it upset the children.Well done tree huggers.

All because of a dead badger.

It’s not really because of the Badger now is it.

Rip drive

NewLad:
It’s not really because of the Badger now is it.

Rip drive

If they’d left it there, chances are it would’ve been pulped up after a few lorries (I know it could be a hazard for motorbikes etc). At the end of the day someone has got their timing wrong and paid for it. Radio Oxford say 60min delays for anyone using the A34, “recovery and a investigation works expected to take another 2 hours.”
So you’re looking at it still being shut by 4pm.

R.I.P Drive

3am is said to be the worst time of day for concentration levels. Poor sod couldn’t have been one of those MTFU types who are top of their game at any time of the day even after maybe doing 6 * 15…

Don’t blame the badger and don’t blame the police for doing their job. Ask yourselves what the REAL problems are. :unamused:

DrivingMissDaisy:
Don’t blame the badger and don’t blame the police for doing their job. Ask yourselves what the REAL problems are. :unamused:

BBC Oxford reported at 4pm that the incident has been referred to the Police Complaints Commission.

I recently came across a scene where a white van man had hit a deer.He took its front legs and I took the hind legs and chucked it onto the verge.Job done in about 3 minutes.

Muckaway:

DrivingMissDaisy:

BBC Oxford reported at 4pm that the incident has been referred to the Police Complaints Commission.

I’m sure that’s standard practice when the police are ‘involved’

NewLad:

Muckaway:

DrivingMissDaisy:

I’m sure their arses have long since been covered. :wink:

I went to move a small badger once and could not believe how heavy it was. It would easily throw a motorcyclist off. Without disrespecting the driver who was killed, it doesn’t matter why the traffic was stopped, there must be a reason why he didn’t stop, but without knowing the FULL facts, none of us will know why. Very sad that a driver went to work and won’t be going home. Thoughts to all involved. RIP

alamcculloch:
I recently came across a scene where a white van man had hit a deer.He took its front legs and I took the hind legs and chucked it onto the verge.Job done in about 3 minutes.

Why didn’t you chuck it in the van? Venison steaks for a year for nowt.

Muckaway:

NewLad:

Muckaway:

DrivingMissDaisy:

I’m sure their arses have long since been covered. :wink:

If any arses want uncovering I’m more inclined to think it’s the parasites in Parliament and their partners in crime, the transport industry who see nothing wrong in permitting lorry drivers to work up to 15 hours a day, every day whilst starting work at all hours of the day. Hit the real targets Nathan not the foot soldiers. eh?

Went past at around half 8, wasn’t a nice sight. Was a good friend of a guy i know. Worked for Musgraves delivering for Budgens. Just before i joined the A34 i see a recovery truck taking away a Panda car, would be very surprised if that was the vehicle doing the rolling roadblock.

nickyboy:
Went past at around half 8, wasn’t a nice sight. Was a good friend of a guy i know. Worked for Musgraves delivering for Budgens. Just before i joined the A34 i see a recovery truck taking away a Panda car, would be very surprised if that was the vehicle doing the rolling roadblock.

No but maybe a passing local copper saw the badger and thought “I’ll just stop and move it quick.”?

Axor Unit belonged to Musgrave’s with Budgens trailer.

Compared to other accidents, it doesn’t look too badly damaged. Remember the crash with Mandy from about 18months ago?

Muckaway:
Compared to other accidents, it doesn’t look too badly damaged. Remember the crash with Mandy from about 18months ago?

Could be a number of reasons for his unfortunate death, but I agree. The one on the M40 the previous week looked worse & I was amazed the driver survived that!