Another one gone.

Heard on the grapevine that a haulage company based in South Lanarkshire has gone to the wall. :cry:
50 Drivers paid off today. :cry:

Who? I probably have heard of the company living there 21 years

I heard that it’s Sandy McCracken!

i was tipping at a place at trafford park thursday & their was a few of mc crackens in there tipping aswell.

Sandy McCracken is in provisional liquidation — confirmed by the company.

Commercial motor is trying to get hold of the administrators to get more info…

will post more info when I get it.

Thanks to the members who originally posted this and the Amtrak thread for being patient and understanding why the threads were removed over the weekend until I could get confirmation of the rumours

Thanks to Roanna Avison at RBI for chasing this up…

…

Sandy McCraken and Son has made 60 staff redundant (Mostly drivers) after calling in the provisional liquidators. MLM Insolvency.

MLM partner Maureen Leslie says: “Sandy McCracken is still operating its biggest accounts and we are talking to some interested parties about selling the business which includes a 5.5acre yard two miles of the M74.

“We were called in because a combination of the fuel price rises, a downturn in the construction sector which had meant that eight tippers had been unused for six weeks and the credit crunch had caused a cash crisis”

I just called the administrator’s for McLellan’s Transport and they put me through to someone who’s dealing with MacFarlane Transport by mistake. Is that mean, that they are busted as well?

orys:
I just called the administrator’s for McLellan’s Transport and they put me through to someone who’s dealing with MacFarlane Transport by mistake. Is that mean, that they are busted as well?

McLellans were bought from the reciever by H W Coates
Story HERE

Macfarlanes collapse is well documented on here and on Roadtransport.com

Rikki-UK:
McLellans were bought from the reciever by H W Coates
Story HERE

This sentence brigs me a good laugh:
“McLellan’s was a good operating business, unfortunately some decisions and circumstances turned it around the other way.” :grimacing:

All my friends, both Polish and Scottish, don’t wanted me to belive, when I was talking to them about my work for them. They told me “it’s impossible for company working like that to survive”.

Obviously, they were right :wink:

But there is another, very good news for me:
“We believe we can turn it back around”.

That’s good news for me - maybe I will be able to get my money back, when they will recover…

yep orys, macfarlane are another to end

its getting ridiculous now. far too many companies going to the wall or being bought up by stobbies. how long before there are only a handful of hauliers on our roads?

scanny77:
its getting ridiculous now. far too many companies going to the wall or being bought up by stobbies. how long before there are only a handful of hauliers on our roads?

not soon enough - rates will rise then :smiley: and before anyone gets all twisted, the same amount of drivers will be needed to move the goods, just employed by firms who know how to run a business properly :bulb:

jj72:

scanny77:

not soon enough - rates will rise then :smiley: and before anyone gets all twisted, the same amount of drivers will be needed to move the goods, just employed by firms who know how to run a business properly :bulb:

I wish. Can’t help thinking the plague of Agencies sprouting up with their ■■■■ consultancies poking their oar in, are doing a fine job of ruining many chances of real jobs. :imp:

if the employers offered a realistic wage then the agencies wouldnt have so much work. the jobs i have been offered are paying ÂŁ19k which is 5 less than i will accept. thats the only reason i am still on the agencies books. if all goes well i will not be in my current situation come the end of the year. i intend to get full time work but not in the transport industry

jj72:

I applaud and agree the sentiment JJ but fear that there is an element of wishful thinking there. I have seen it all before. :cry:

I’m just gonna sit tight, and if Stobart comes knocking, i’ll send him packing!! :laughing:

Seriously thou, i find the whole Stobart empire very worrying. You can only hope they get a bite of the r’s too.

Spardo:

jj72:

I applaud and agree the sentiment JJ but fear that there is an element of wishful thinking there. I have seen it all before. :cry:

i am sceptical too. my minimum wage is ÂŁ9 per hour (or would be if i worked days). what do stobbies pay?

Sad sight on the M8 on thursday.

A handfull of McCracken trucks on trade plates heading for a compound somewhere .
It does’nt really matter what you’re views are about how the work and wages will pan out.
It’s always sad when a long established haulage company closes it’s doors,
putting several probably long serving drivers on the dole.

Spardo:

yeah well at the end of the day i’m a realist, so not holding my breath t.b.h :laughing:

It’s always really sad when a Company ‘folds’, but why did it happen? Couldn’t something have been done to stop it happening, a buy out perhaps.

"Will the Drivers really end up on the ‘dole’? What happened to the driver shortage? :cry: