Another bites the dust

sandy bruce of aberdeen called the recevers in this morning ,and suposidly shut there ford depot,the rumour has it that ufd are taking over the coatbridge depot to service the baxters and walkers contract,most of the drivers are still waiting to find out exactly what is going on but that is no suprise.
i chucked it 3 weeks ago cos i saw it going down i hope my mates get to stay on whoever may take them over or they find new jobs,but i have to say there is no love lost between me and the company they were not good to work for but the hours suited me so it did bring a slight smile to my face.
and before anybody has ago about it yes its sad that another haulage firm going under but believe me the management had alot to do with it, but in todays climate a haulage firm has to be on the ball ,and alot of them are not any way ive got out of the haulage game as i have had enough not for ever i hope as im a driver at heart :slight_smile:

Wow!!! That is such bad news.

I’m guessing that there will be a report in this weeks CM,which I will buy.

It seemed that no matter where you were,you would see one of SB’s trucks,and they always seemed to look smart.

My thoughts,however,go to the guys that are facing an uncertain future,and let’s hope something can be salvaged for them soon.

Ken.

Very sad to hear the demise of another established firm.Although i dont have experience of the company personally maybe they were a proffesional company trying to do a proper job for a realistic rate and as a result finished up with the old enemy cashflow problems as did two good companies i worked for in the 80s.Best of luck to the lads who may lose their jobs.

hiya, im an, as from today, ex Sandy Bruce driver, coatbridge yard will be closing, everything from there moving to Cambuslang, theres a minimum of 50 payoffs, and i agree with the aforesaid mentioned that its the managements fault things have gone to the dogs (so to speak).

Welcome aboard PBC.

It’s such a shame that your first posting,is one that is tinged with bad news.

Ken.

Sad news; if it can happen to an established firm like SB, then how many more?

I was just talking to one of their Glasgow based drivers at Stracathro services on the A90 on Sunday. He did mention that the company was in a bit of bother, but obviously wasn’t expecting this so soon.

Well whoever he was, I wish him well in his search for a new job. Oh, and I hope his sense of taste recovers. I asked him if the breakfast at Stracathro was any good and he said yes. Well I would not have served it up to a dog! I only went there because my preferred breakfast stop (the excellent Horse Shoe at Inchture) doesnt open till 10.00 on Sundays.

Al.

Maybe crabbs of Aberdeen might slot in to SB as they got a yard up in Dice across the road fae our depot,plus they have a yard in ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ luck to all that was made redundant in finding new employment. :wink:

Yes really bad news about Sandy Bruce :cry:
Ihope the staff don’t take too long to find alternative employment :slight_smile:

Dice

I thought it was Dyce■■?

And that’s from a sassenach. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Quinny:

Dice

I thought it was Dyce■■?

Ken.

Thats only if there are two or more of them, I think :laughing: :laughing:

Quinny:

Dice

I thought it was Dyce■■?

Ken.

And I thought it was ARR Craibb’s

And that’s from another :laughing: :laughing:

Cmon guys, a wee bit of respect here. A well known player in the haulage game has now gone. And theres a few of our collegues possibly looking for alternitive ways to bring in an income. I know yous didn`t mean it, but I can think of better threads to start discussing spelling mistakes !!!

Quinny:

Dice

I thought it was Dyce■■?

Ken.

It is smart arse,but u knew wot i meant :unamused:

marky:

Quinny:

Dice

I thought it was Dyce■■?

Ken.

And I thought it was ARR Craibb’s

And that’s from another :laughing: :laughing:

And i thought you was smart,well i was wrong i suppose. :unamused: Your all so [zb] perfect i suppose. :question: :exclamation:

Andy smg:
Cmon guys, a wee bit of respect here. A well known player in the haulage game has now gone. And theres a few of our collegues possibly looking for alternitive ways to bring in an income. I know yous didn`t mean it, but I can think of better threads to start discussing spelling mistakes !!!

Well Andy that’s the English for you,if the shoe was on the other foot,they’d be crying at us for making silly remarks like they have done.But i never claim to be the best speller,and going by what i’v read on here in the years gone by i ain’t got much to worry about. :unamused:

kitkat:

Andy smg:

Well Andy that’s the English for you,if the shoe was on the other foot,they’d be crying at us for making silly remarks like they have done.But i never claim to be the best speller,and going by what i’v read on here in the years gone by i ain’t got much to worry about. :unamused:

I here were your coming from mate.

Andy smg:

Andy if theres one i have learned since becoming a lorry driver and also living in England is make sure Jack is all right and forget the others.

Its a ■■■■ shame one of the major players in Scotland is going under but ■■■■ happens, its only when people like Stobbart and DHL or Wincanton start having trouble people might stand up and take notice, until then nobody gives a ■■■■.

I do but the majority dont.

Jammy, I don`t have a problem with that mate.

Listen guys and girls, delay your attacks on me, as i`m on holiday for 2 weeks as of 05.00 tomorrow… Adios.

What attacks :confused: lighten up Andy they are only having a laugh personally i dont give a zb about my spelling it is not my job to spell i DRIVE a LORRY and like most on here i am good at it :laughing: :laughing: