Another one gone.

that must be some compound…full of ramage,mcfarlanes,etc trucks…maybe an airfield like long marston will be in order soon.

If the hauliers got the proper rate things would be different, there are too many making money of the haulier, even the manufacturers, everybody sticks a bit onto the haulage for extra profit, or the agents take more than they are entitled to because they are no laws to stop it !! In some cases its unlicenced robbery with no laws or protection like the clearance houses

wrecktech100:
that must be some compound…full of ramage,mcfarlanes,etc trucks…maybe an airfield like long marston will be in order soon.

I would imagine all those Mccracken motors will be going to Wentworth Park to be destickered and washed off to be seen on a local MB forecourt as Approved Used Commercials

dinosteveus1:
It’s always really sad when a Company ‘folds’, but why did it happen? Couldn’t something have been done to stop it happening, a buy out perhaps.

"Will the Drivers really end up on the ‘dole’? What happened to the driver shortage? :cry:

logically speaking the work will still be there so the drivers will get jobs although possibly not what they were doing before. if they are in the central belt they will never run short of trolley work. morrisons, tesco, aldi, etc are all on the M8 corridor and even asda isnt that far away in falkirk. co op have bought somerfields so that adds 2 more depots to their existing sites in harthill and ■■■■■■■■■■■■ one is dunfermline and the other is east kilbride. plus there are the other hauliers like shetland transport, DHL etc etc etc. there are countless driving opportunities between M8 j3 and j9 so they wont end up on the dole

nice to see 77 sticks to his guns il never work for tescos.
:laughing:
as for the somerfield takeover 120 shops have to be sold,
and of course the coop will keep a depot in harthill,dunfermline and east kilbride that makes perfect financial sense.
oops i forgot ■■■■■■■■■■■ yup theyll still be up an running in 12 months time.
when anyone with a bit common senses they just might say takeover the old tesco site. as for the vacancies up here its all agencey work .
there is a marked decrease in fulltime .and the jobs that are there are
wages DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE :question:
as for any drivers that have had there wagon taken off them by a suit and told they aint got a job ,as the driver is the last to know hope you get your money
and goodluck

scania245:

it took them 18 months and they had to get a former employee of tesco to talk me into going in there. just as well really since i was restricted with travelling and i only did a few shifts from pitreavie before refusing to go back there :smiling_imp:

scanny77:

scania245:

it took them 18 months and they had to get a former employee of tesco to talk me into going in there. just as well really since i was restricted with travelling and i only did a few shifts from pitreavie before refusing to go back there :smiling_imp:

you were shafted by them (tescos) and now youre there ■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:
you must be getting old bud the fire is dying :question: :laughing: u never even said you were glad to see me back :laughing:

not really. my reasons for refusing to work for them were related to another site and i left last june. i hung on for 9 months or so and thought why not? decent money, decent shifts (sometimes) and the work is available when i want to work (nights and weekends) so it made sense.

i certainly havent lost my fire. im merely concentrating it on a bigger and more worthwhile cause :wink:

scanny77:
not really. my reasons for refusing to work for them were related to another site and i left last june. i hung on for 9 months or so and thought why not? decent money, decent shifts (sometimes) and the work is available when i want to work (nights and weekends) so it made sense.

i certainly havent lost my fire. im merely concentrating it on a bigger and more worthwhile cause :wink:

youve lost your spark son :question: are you planning a family perchance :laughing:
need regular income :question: are you forgetting your principles for your own selfish gain :question: SO IS SHE UP THE DUFF :laughing:

scanny77:
it took them 18 months and they had to get a former employee of tesco to talk me into going in there.

Wipe that brown stuff off the side of your mouth Scanny :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not the brown sauce the ■■■■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Censor dodge removed. L. :unamused:

Davey Driver:

scanny77:
it took them 18 months and they had to get a former employee of tesco to talk me into going in there.

Wipe that brown stuff off the side of your mouth Scanny :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not the brown sauce the ■■■■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

From what I heard,they were undercutting other haulage companies to get work that was losing them money on each job. :confused: :confused: :confused:

scania245:

scanny77:

youve lost your spark son :question: are you planning a family perchance :laughing:
need regular income :question: are you forgetting your principles for your own selfish gain :question: SO IS SHE UP THE DUFF :laughing:

if she is im looking to hire a reliable alibi :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what every haulage company got to do is down size their fleet this will make every haulier extra busy so if some one wanted a job done urgently name your price i am sure you could turnover the same money with less trucks your only busy for 24 hrs i bet alot of firms dont know what drivers will be doing friday or next week Plumbers are booked for work for 6 weeks why cant haulage firms be. Logic

When did they close coz I seen 1 in Liverpool thurs or is it a new company

Photobucket

There are many factors that can make a company go under, but the ones that get me are…

Drivers who preach the rule book 24/7. I’m not doing this, I’m not doing that.

Employers who set limiters at 50mph and think that it saves money. When it actually cost a days labour each week.

The drivers and employers blame one another for the collapse.

The truth is the employer shouldn’t employ tossers. The employee shouldn’t work for tossers.

well said phil :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

found this trucking class 1987 :wink: :wink: :wink:

speaking to a driver today ,he had his old companys t shirt on ,a company i expected to be needing drivers soon ,WRONG they just paid 10 off :open_mouth: after i finished my shift i went and tried my luck with another company ,the security guard asked my buissness told him looking for a start ,DONT think so mate they just let 12 go from managers down .things arent very rosy in paradise at the moment :laughing: .as for a fulltime job being advertised FORGET IT ,im not talking about a semi decent job ,there just isnt any jobs , :open_mouth: for this time off year its scary .i think next year is going to be intresting. :question:

i dont think its going to get much better before christmas like it normally does either!

especially with the credit crunch, people arent buying the gear, the gear doesnt need shifting, the wagons arent needed to shift the gear, the companies dont need the wagons, the drivers arent needed for the wagons, the drivers got no job, he cant by the gear, the gear doesnt need shifting…and on and on

were all doomed!

i think im going to polish my office skills and go and work for the dss dishing out houses for bone idle people that have never done a days work in thier life, bless thier cotton socks!