Macfarlane Transport Holdings in hands of administrators

Hello all.

New member, looking for advice on firms looking for local day/night drivers in the Leeds/West Yorks areas. Ideally permanent work, not via agencies.

After weeks of problems, it finally all went down last night. Downton’s have acquired the balance of the magazine work, and have quickly opened a site in Gildersome to operate from. This would seem to have been the final nail in the coffin.

Bit of an extra kick in the teeth for us ex-Pawsons drivers who managed to stick it at Macs. Now owed money all over the place.

Billy.

Yep trailers being collected by Archibolds today and tommorow.

It seems as though Macfarlanes are history then.
Yorkshire Post

It is a pity they have taken Sewells with them as well

I presume Downtons have set up in Gildersome to service the remaining Fastmag contract. They must be looking for drivers for that.

BozLeeds:
Yep trailers being collected by Archibolds today and tommorow.

Archbolds will continue with the Automotive business I presume as that is their marketplace.

Seems that winning the Motor Transport award has helped them.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

it sickens me that. all those drivers down the pan. longs of leeds and bedfords plus downtons will soak up most of the drivers.
mac’s didnt have too much history i think they were started in 1980 ish with a grant from prince charles or something similar … you know one of those new business grants or something.
living in rothwell south leeds i was always seeing mac’s most days.

its a very sad when a big haulier like them goes ■■■■ up. i know not the best place to work but good for the newbies to cut their teeth on.

Hadn’t they already gone bust once?

TC

The_Catman:

TC

if i remember they went bust and then got bought of the adminstors by someone to do with gagewell or something down in elland… or did he have the iveco franchese.

The_Catman:

TC

Yes bought from the administrators by the current investor in 2004 then down the pan again.

Dont count on all the drivers being absorbed there are three adverts int eh Yorkshire post tonight for HGV 2 of which are agency adverts.

here we go…

Macfarlane Transport Holdings
It’s all go at Leeds haulage firm Macfarlane Transport Holdings at the minute. Hot on the heels of its recent acquisition of the assets of fellow Leeds haulier Sewell Distribution from adminsitrators - to be rebranded as Macfarlane’s Automotive division - the firm will begin the final stage of its refleeting exercise at the end of this week. It will take delivery of the first tranche of some 200 new Schmitz Cargobull trailers, all in its new livery and fitted with Microlise tracking devices. This means that in the 10 months since haualge entrepreneur Stephen Cooke - formerly of Gagewell - bought the “unencumbered assets and goodwill” of Macfarlane Transport from its administrators it will have entirely refleeted with 122 new tractor units - a mix of Mercedes and MAN (and a handfull of ERFs on the way too). It seems that the two German marques have done rather well out of the situation. We invite you, dear reader, to guess which truck manufacturer has been the big loser here… We’ll give you a clue, it begins with S.

taken from…

mac’s

There’s a couple of Macs trailers in at DHL at Whitwood.

Wonder if they’ll ever be found?

Ken.

I’d have thought so as they all have tracking devices on them. Probably a condition of the finance lease so the lender could find them all when macs went bump again…

jessicas dad:
here we go…

Macfarlane Transport Holdings
It’s all go at Leeds haulage firm Macfarlane Transport Holdings at the minute. Hot on the heels of its recent acquisition of the assets of fellow Leeds haulier Sewell Distribution from adminsitrators - to be rebranded as Macfarlane’s Automotive division - the firm will begin the final stage of its refleeting exercise at the end of this week. It will take delivery of the first tranche of some 200 new Schmitz Cargobull trailers, all in its new livery and fitted with Microlise tracking devices. This means that in the 10 months since haualge entrepreneur Stephen Cooke - formerly of Gagewell - bought the “unencumbered assets and goodwill” of Macfarlane Transport from its administrators it will have entirely refleeted with 122 new tractor units - a mix of Mercedes and MAN (and a handfull of ERFs on the way too). It seems that the two German marques have done rather well out of the situation. We invite you, dear reader, to guess which truck manufacturer has been the big loser here… We’ll give you a clue, it begins with S.

l]

scania maybe !!!

bet scanias laughing there ■■■■■ off at mr cook :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Especially as the mainstay of Macs fleet,was MAN and Merc.

Ken.

Just a thought…

Has anyone thought about the subbies that Macs may owe money to as well?

Ken.

What was the name of that young businessman award that Ian and Gordon Macfarlane won?

Something like Enterprise 79 or something on TV

done calender local news type thing :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Anybody any ideas where their gildersome site is based? is it across from finning cat?

That’s bad news.

Good luck to the lads ‘n’ lasses who worked there, I hope they can all find work quickly.

I posted on here last week that MacFarlanes may have gone bust and the moderator, maybe rightly, removed it. Apparently Stobbarts were about to sign the dotted line and take them over when they found out Macs had mysteriously “lost” a £12 million contract. The firm thats taken it over is closely linked to them. Its dubious business practices that cost peoples jobs and bankrupts subbies. I wonder if this will get past the moderator