Another one bites the dust

tnn.co.uk/IndustryNews/plone … 2954375104

Both Stanfield and Ripponden seem to have lost customers and had a change in management, not long before they went under. Management changes quite often seem to cause disruption which is felt by customers and staff.

ITYM insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1118

:wink: :laughing: :wink:

shame about “dip it in and risk it” i’m from that part of the world and seemed a proper sort of firm, been around a long time etc

weren’t stansfield on the cover of one of the mags a while back? okay okay i’ll shut up about it :unamused:

shame about stansfield nice trucks i thought they did alot from carrington wire.

Ripponden Carriers always seemed to be part of the scenery “oop north”. I always liked their trucks as the bodies always seemed to be a throwback to the 50’s. I thought United Carriers took them over several years ago, but I presume they have since been sold off again?

My condolences to all the staff from both these companies.

Calv

Calv:
Ripponden Carriers always seemed to be part of the scenery “oop north”. I always liked their trucks as the bodies always seemed to be a throwback to the 50’s.

Or even the 20s or 30s. I think those ‘canvas’ tilts were fibreglass built to preserve the company’s olde worlde reliability image. Shame to see them go.

Salut, David.