Another one bites the dust

Macfarlane’s have gone under :frowning: I remember them getting there first F 10’s… There’ll be no transport firms left before long !! :frowning:

Jerry

jerry truckartist:
Macfarlane’s have gone under :frowning: I remember them getting there first F 10’s… There’ll be no transport firms left before long !! :frowning:

Jerry[/quoteA ye yer right jerry and this govt dont give a toss.

jerry truckartist:

Jerry

thought macfarlane’s went down the drain about 2yrs a go. :unamused: :unamused:

I think a group of directors took over from the Macfarlane brothers a few years ago, then big problems occurred in 2006, they were then rescued by a local businessman, who appeared to steady the ship . Today’s local news in Leeds, says they’ve gone in to admin, with no prospective buyer.

Jerry

Macs are one of these firms that are always going bust and another with a similar name pops up a day or two later, it screws over their subcontractors, employees etc. The only winners are senior ‘mis-management’, The local news reports say macs blame it on the cost of fuel but that is complete ■■■■■■■■, they were in trouble in August last year and have always been on the brink, and occasionaly teeter over it., Macs have always had several companies going by different names looks like another dormant one is about to come alive by the name of…

MACFARLANE TRANSPORT (MIDLANDS) LIMITED.

BTW this is just my opinion

Judging by their own publicity Macfarlanes never owned anything, leasing large fleets for contracts. As spoon as a problem hits he whole thing falls down as it’s totally dependent on cash flow. These companies will continue to come & go leaving a nice trail of debt.

Does the industry no good at all.

rumour is stobarts bought them today

To be fair the original company performed quite well when Ian and Gordon Macfarlane ran it from 1978 until 2004 and the problems seemed to start with the MBO, then in 2006 when the company was bought out again by Steven Cooke. things seemed to have turned around for the rebranded Macfarlane Transport Holdings.

Read the story here. I cant be accused of talking out of turn because the boss wrote it :wink:

Macfarlanes as a Brand

MADBAZ:
Macs are one of these firms that are always going bust and another with a similar name pops up a day or two later, it screws over their subcontractors, employees etc. The only winners are senior ‘mis-management’, The local news reports say macs blame it on the cost of fuel but that is complete ■■■■■■■■, they were in trouble in August last year and have always been on the brink, and occasionaly teeter over it., Macs have always had several companies going by different names looks like another dormant one is about to come alive by the name of…

MACFARLANE TRANSPORT (MIDLANDS) LIMITED.

BTW this is just my opinion

■■■■■■■■, I got the name wrong. I thought the cost of fuel was the reasoning behind the winding up■■? IF THAT IS TRUE THEN WHY START AGAIN, is Cookey buying ■■■■■ diesel to make ends meet■■?