Another one bites the dust

Crewe truck stop be gone by end of year
Sooo glad I’m out of the industry :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley:

placenorthwest.co.uk/networ … ound-site/

Don’t think it’s been there that long if honest.
Plus in last couple of years theve spent some.money doing the place up a bit.
Is only small but nice enough place to stop.
Is a shame.
But end of the day if someone offered you a lot of money for your land/ business your going to take it . And because it’s network rail no doubt they were willing to pay over the odds to get the land.

Interesting that network rail have a need for it.

The yard eastbound on the M4 just after j10 that had been in use while they did the smart motorway conversion seems to have been almost completely restored to green field. I noticed a site along the a43 popped up for hs2 and they have a big site near m42 m6, also off the m25 maple cross? way. wouldn’t it be nice if they could be made into truck parking after they are of use for the project. Must cost plenty to decontaminate and convert to pasture if that is what they have to do.

From their Facebook page this morning -
Good morning everyone. I’m going to try and dispel the rumours that we have closed down. This isn’t true, we are open as usual.
For some years now there has been a compulsory purchase order on the site by HS2. Eventually the Truckstop will be taken over by the HS2 project. Believe me we have fought against this for years but, as with many people, we have no say in this.
Further to this we were approached by network rail to sell the premises early due to them having a need for the site for essential works on the existing railway. This sale has taken place with an agreement for us to carry on operating the business as a Truckstop until they require the site.
So for the foreseeable future we will be open as normal.
Many thanks for reading, and your support.

njl:
Interesting that network rail have a need for it.

The yard eastbound on the M4 just after j10 that had been in use while they did the smart motorway conversion seems to have been almost completely restored to green field. I noticed a site along the a43 popped up for hs2 and they have a big site near m42 m6, also off the m25 maple cross? way. wouldn’t it be nice if they could be made into truck parking after they are of use for the project. Must cost plenty to decontaminate and convert to pasture if that is what they have to do.

The yard on the M4 was only given planning permission on the proviso that it was restored to green fields when no longer required.

edd1974:

Maybe about 10 to 12 years?
I used to run out of there when it was an Ewals Cargo Care trailer park before it became Crewe t/stop.

robroy:

edd1974:

Maybe about 10 to 12 years?
I used to run out of there when it was an Ewals Cargo Care trailer park before it became Crewe t/stop.

Why did you run Rob? Wouldn’t they give you a truck? :laughing: