Another one bites the dust

Things can only get worse.

blog.ldv.com

very sad but not unexpected. unfortunately LDV don’t make very good vans compared to the competition so i’m afraid the end is nigh. my sypathies to all the employees.

Mr B:
very sad but not unexpected. unfortunately LDV don’t make very good vans compared to the competition so i’m afraid the end is nigh. my sypathies to all the employees.

They made not have made very good vans, but you cant deny that they were workhorses!!!
The Royal Mail seems to think they are good vans as they still have Convoys (admittedly diminshing in numbers) and the Maxus, hell I even saw a Pilot still in service with them a while ago… :open_mouth:

Another sad day, this country will soon be just a retail park, manufacturing just a distant memory.

Sadly another British name goes T U what I want to know is why our government will not buy these vans and why our local authorities etc are allowed to source products from outside the UK I know it is a bit late for the truck industry but why have we allowed this to happen to most of the other industries out there ■■? Electricity from French companies banking from Spanish companies. What are elected M P 's doing ■■? we where once the workshop of the world now we are the shopfront of the world.IIRC I don’t remember seeing a French police car being anything other than French or the Germans driving a Nissan on the autobahn !!! :frowning:

Dave the Renegade:
Another sad day, this country will soon be just a retail park, manufacturing just a distant memory.

Already is where I live and has been for years. The only industry around here now is BMW, which employ less than a quarter of what that factory did in the 70’s and half of those are agency jobs. Most of the old factory has been knocked down, office blocks and retail park taking up the land that was left.
Milton trading estate, that at one time was all small manufacturing companies, is now all office blocks except for TNT and a couple of other small trucking firms.
Thatcher has certainly done us proud, the only jobs left for practical people around here are ■■■■ liking minimum wage jobs.

And we have our glorious leader telling us that we are the best placed country in the world to recover from this depression, this is after our gvts have watched the demise of heavy industry and all other industrials to focus on retail and IT companies - how sad, Germany still has it’s heavy industry, lets see how they fare in the future compared to us, how very short sighted politicians are - sometimes you would think they can only see as far as the next election, I see they soon dropped the “pay to attend work idea” as well.

See my sig below, I think I might put two blokes zb on him.

markgilly:
why our local authorities etc are allowed to source products from outside the UK (

It’s a straight forward reply to that question, if your local council was buying LDV vehicles instead of putting it out to tender for the cheapest supplier, would you then be complaining about paying higher council taxes?

It comes down to economics, when its cheaper to produce abroad and import, what chance has a british company got?

As an example, To have the Hour Guards produced in the UK I was quoted more than we sell them at trade price, I expected a little higher but hey, when you pay a couple of grand in shipping costs you would expect the price to be at least the same after import costs etc are taken into account.

Another thing to consider is that its tendering with local government, If LDV had the chance of securing a deal for say 80,000 vans and they settled for a profit of £200 per van instead of the £1,000 per van they may have had more luck.

But if companies want to employ MD’s on grotesque wages then the money has to come from somewhere to pay them, and at the end of the day it’s added onto the price of the vehicles being produced.

Sadly the MD’s are happy to take massive wages without a thought to the long term result :frowning:

Point taken Davey but our European relatives have had subsidised industries for years we are too keen to spend money on supporting wages and pensions for C E O 's of companies that have made a complete ****up of the companies they were employed to look after :frowning:

Well there is an election coming up within a week. If peoples voting habits don’t change then nothing else will. The three main parties policies are almost identical, so if you vote for any one of those things are just going to keep declining.
Everybody on here is a worker unit and as worker units we should all be voting Labour but NuLiebour are just another Thatcherite government and they 'ent getting my vote.
Nuff said.

berewic:

Dave the Renegade:

Already is where I live and has been for years. The only industry around here now is BMW, which employ less than a quarter of what that factory did in the 70’s and half of those are agency jobs. Most of the old factory has been knocked down, office blocks and retail park taking up the land that was left.
Milton trading estate, that at one time was all small manufacturing companies, is now all office blocks except for TNT and a couple of other small trucking firms.
Thatcher has certainly done us proud, the only jobs left for practical people around here are ■■■■ liking minimum wage jobs.

WTF has it to do with a government that went T.U. 12 YEARS AGO FFS :open_mouth:

This bunch a shysters have had TWELVE years, and, they inherited a stable economy, with money in the bank.

This bunch sold the best part of our gold reserves, they plundered the pension funds, they have milked business of every last penny, AND, then wonder why there is a ■■■■■■■■■ hole in the tax receipts FFS :open_mouth:

New Labour / Old Labour have a lot to answer for, especially the bankrupting of the UK, but, never mind, Calais is full of “people” who can`t wait to get here, I WONDER WHY ■■?

Take the blinkers off, N.L / O.L. do NOT represent the working class, they represent the “monied classes”, who pay sweet F.A. tax, and, to make it worse, Gordon Brown ■■■■■ up to this bunch :imp:

My voting slip will have “NONE OF THE ABOVE” on it, I don`t trust any of them, all ■■■■■ IMO :angry:

Very well said stanley,i agree with you all the way.
regards dave.

The point about the French is good. Almost every French driver uses a vehicle made for local people by local people. Germans drive Audi. BMW, Mercedes and Porsche, not Nissan and Kia.

How much money have we already given to this Russian Oligarch before he closed LDV? We still seem to be helping fund TATA to run (ruin) our steel industry and Land Rover with brown envelopes from HMG

dafdave:
Very well said stanley,i agree with you all the way.
regards dave.

Thanks Dave… :blush:

Stanley Mitchell:

berewic:

Dave the Renegade:

This bunch a shysters have had TWELVE years, and, they inherited a stable economy, with money in the bank.

This bunch sold the best part of our gold reserves, they plundered the pension funds, they have milked business of every last penny, AND, then wonder why there is a ■■■■■■■■■ hole in the tax receipts FFS :open_mouth:

New Labour / Old Labour have a lot to answer for, especially the bankrupting of the UK, but, never mind, Calais is full of “people” who can`t wait to get here, I WONDER WHY ■■?

Take the blinkers off, N.L / O.L. do NOT represent the working class, they represent the “monied classes”, who pay sweet F.A. tax, and, to make it worse, Gordon Brown ■■■■■ up to this bunch :imp:

My voting slip will have “NONE OF THE ABOVE” on it, I don`t trust any of them, all [zb] IMO :angry:

Stop reading the Sun you [zb]
Once every five years you get a chance to voice your opinion and your going to blow it. You [zb]
“NONE OF THE ABOVE” counts for nothing.
If you want to kick some arse vote BNP.

Hey berewic, so the BNP are the answer to this country’s problems are they!!!
You were right “nuff said”,
about 292 posts ago.

I’m so ■■■■■■ with the way labour have betrayed the worker unit, I’m going for the party the labour party fear the most. I can’t say they will do a better job but the fact labour are appealing to the electorate to vote for anyone but, makes me smile.

whaaaaaat? i take it this is from someone who doesn’t use one.

berewic:

Stanley Mitchell:

berewic:

Dave the Renegade:

My voting slip will have “NONE OF THE ABOVE” on it, I don`t trust any of them, all [zb] IMO :angry:

Stop reading the Sun you dip ■■■■.
Once every five years you get a chance to voice your opinion and your going to blow it. You wonker.
“NONE OF THE ABOVE” counts for nothing.
If you want to kick some arse vote BNP.

You call me a “dip ■■■■”, then you go and vote BNP, GET A LIFE you clown…

As for the “Sun”, what a joke, I only skim through it at the barbers, once in a blue moon, UNLIKE you, by the sounds of it :blush:

“None of the above” is my contribution to the worthless exercise we have to go through next May, prehaps the “politicians” will start to take a bit of notice, when the “N.O.T.A.” becomes a majority.

BNP, FFS, it really does take the biscuit, you telling me to vote for them :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

For someone who’s so cheesed off with the main three parties, you seem quite happy to accept their propaganda. The BNP have been winning elections up and down the country for years and coming second in many. The country and British industry has been in decline for the last 30 years and all things point to this trend continuing under any of the so called main three parties. The Con/LimpDem/Liebour parties policies are so similar it’s hard to tell them apart and any of them will change little other than fine tuning.
The EU have a £20billion a year propaganda fund which is used, for example, changing the Irish no vote and who knows what else.

I’m no political fanatic and haven’t voted since 1997 but like you, I am extremely disillusioned with all three main parties. As far as I’m concerned they are at least worth a chance and much will depend on their performance in the EU parliament after the 4th June elections.

Oh and by the way, WTF it has to do with a party that went TU 12 years ago? It was Maggy Thatcher that changed things, she was the one that put banking to the forefront of the British economy. She was the one that turned the UK into a finance and service centre. All three main parties have continued with her policies and since then most of British industry has moved abroad or gone bust.