Another one bites the dust

berewic:
For someone who’s so cheesed off with the main three parties, you seem quite happy to accept their propaganda. The BNP have been winning elections up and down the country for years and coming second in many. The country and British industry has been in decline for the last 30 years and all things point to this trend continuing under any of the so called main three parties. The Con/LimpDem/Liebour parties policies are so similar it’s hard to tell them apart and any of them will change little other than fine tuning.
The EU have a £20billion a year propaganda fund which is used, for example, changing the Irish no vote and who knows what else.

I’m no political fanatic and haven’t voted since 1997 but like you, I am extremely disillusioned with all three main parties. As far as I’m concerned they are at least worth a chance and much will depend on their performance in the EU parliament after the 4th June elections.

Oh and by the way, WTF it has to do with a party that went TU 12 years ago? It was Maggy Thatcher that changed things, she was the one that put banking to the forefront of the British economy. She was the one that turned the UK into a finance and service centre. All three main parties have continued with her policies and since then most of British industry has moved abroad or gone bust.

M.T. could see the bigger picture, that`s why she shafted Arthur Scargill, our banking industry “WAS” the envy of the world, she wanted to make London the world center for finance, she actually set in motion, a very profitable [for UKPLC] industry.

She cannot be held responsible for the greedy runts who turned it into the basket case it is now, it was the same with the Gas / Electric / Trains ect., they have been taken over in the free market spirit, but, NOT in the way she invisaged.

I think she was a bit naive in thinking that the “shareholders” [you + me] would hold on to their shareholding~~, but, as we all now know, MOST sold their allocation as soon as they could.~~
This my BNP unit, is what the bankers also did, chased the yankey dollar, short term gain, NO bigger picture in their vocabulary :blush:
I`m afraid there is NO place for racist / bigoted parties in our country, however ■■■■■■ off you [and me] are with the present situation.
It always makes me ■■■■, when I see trade union reps, driving their nice and new BMW / AUDI /Merc union cars, pontificating about the need to support british industry, YEH RIGHT O :blush:

No point blaming Margaret for our present woes. Sheer greed has brought down the banking sector.Commiting our troops to ill judged wars has pretty much emptied our national piggy bank.The B.N.P. are mopping up protest votes from people who would not entertain the concept in other circumstances.

Maggie Thatcher did untold damage to this country, she not only sold everything off, she finished the steel making industry. She got rid of any politician in her own party who did not agree with her. The rot started with her and has carried on, with all who followed her.

Dave the Renegade:
Maggie Thatcher did untold damage to this country, she not only sold everything off, she finished the steel making industry. She got rid of any politician in her own party who did not agree with her. The rot started with her and has carried on, with all who followed her.

Head / Wall / Bang / Against

Shuffle words to suit :unamused:

Just imagine what the situation would have been, if the 70s way of doing things had carried on, OMG :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:

Dave the Renegade:

Head / Wall / Bang / Against

Shuffle words to suit :unamused:

Just imagine what the situation would have been, if the 70s way of doing things had carried on, OMG :open_mouth:

Words, Poll tax, Falklands, privatisation. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Well said again stanley.Everybody moans about maggie and the harm she did,but in 12yrs in power has labour done anything to change the situation NO.Therefore we can assume that they are happy can we.What harm have these labour numties done selling all british industry abroad.I,ll tell you why they dont alter anything because they are all personally gaining financially,a bunch of hyprcryts if ever i saw any.The sooner they,r out the better.
regards dave.

The steel industry was losing one million pounds every week back in the 1970s, as others have said going on as we were was not an option.When I worked in a factory in the late 60s all of the machine tools were very old some pre war.I then worked in a bakery with mixers that were emblazoned with the words Patent applied for 1914.I then worked in a mill where the machine tools came from the Ministry of Supply what ever that was. In short our industries were dying of lack of investment poor management and strike happy unions.After the ship yards went it was inevitable that we did not require steel in large quantity.

alamcculloch:
The steel industry was losing one million pounds every week back in the 1970s, as others have said going on as we were was not an option.When I worked in a factory in the late 60s all of the machine tools were very old some pre war.I then worked in a bakery with mixers that were emblazoned with the words Patent applied for 1914.I then worked in a mill where the machine tools came from the Ministry of Supply what ever that was. In short our industries were dying of lack of investment poor management and strike happy unions.After the ship yards went it was inevitable that we did not require steel in large quantity.

Thats very true mate.One of the biggest industries that went down the tube was the papermaking ind.I n my area in the 70s[bolton,bury,]
ther were at least 12 mills,east lancashire,radcliffe,olives at tottington,trinity at bolton little lever and ramsbottom[only ramsbottom left]
to name a few,all mostly defunt now,and all guilty of the same thing not investing,running machines near 100yrs old.
regards dave.

dafdave:
Well said again stanley.Everybody moans about maggie and the harm she did,but in 12yrs in power has labour done anything to change the situation NO.Therefore we can assume that they are happy can we.What harm have these labour numties done selling all british industry abroad.I,ll tell you why they dont alter anything because they are all personally gaining financially,a bunch of hyprcryts if ever i saw any.The sooner they,r out the better.
regards dave.

Cheers Dave, AGAIN :blush:

What makes me laugh though, is the presumption that Maggie was some clueless washer woman, who made it up as she went along [in the alistair darling mould] FFS.

She was actually married to a very clever [and humble] man, who was very succesful in his own right. If you get the chance, have a read of his biography ; “Below The Parapet” by Carol Thatcher [keep it in the family, keep the costs down], its a very interesting read, unless you suffer from selective memory, then the facts will ■■■■ on your cornflakes…

And, NO, I am not a fully paid up member of the Tory party, but, I do like reading about interesting people, and Denis Thatcher was one of those :wink:

His son didn’t take after him. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Dave the Renegade:

No, your quite right on that score :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

You can lead a horse to water, but, you can`t make it drink FFS

:open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Stanley Mitchell:

Dave the Renegade:

No, your quite right on that score :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

You can lead a horse to water, but, you can`t make it drink FFS

:open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Found looking for water in the dessert perhaps. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

“Below The Parapet” by Carol Thatcher. Would she be a little biased do you think?

Whatever side of the fence people on here are sitting, all have agreed the country is in a total mess and voting for the same governments year in year out isn’t going to change a thing. Maggy Thatcher sold this country down the drain 30 years ago and every government since have carried on with that destruction. British industry is all but finished and none of the three main parties have any intention of stopping it, never mind rebuilding it.

berewic:
“Below The Parapet” by Carol Thatcher. Would she be a little biased do you think?

Whatever side of the fence people on here are sitting, all have agreed the country is in a total mess and voting for the same governments year in year out isn’t going to change a thing. Maggy Thatcher sold this country down the drain 30 years ago and every government since have carried on with that destruction. British industry is all but finished and none of the three main parties have any intention of stopping it, never mind rebuilding it.

At last someone with a sensible comment, well said," berewic "

berewic:

Its about her DAD FFS

Nothing to do with mummy, Denis was a very humble bloke, with more understanding of the worker unit than many of todays LABOUR shysters, the supposed party of the people…

She was a bit naughty in the green room. :frowning: :laughing:

Dave the Renegade:

berewic:

At last someone with a sensible comment, well said," berewic "

I think we need to call this quits, we are NOT on the same planet, too much politics of the allotment my friend, envy and one eyed jaundiced views will eventually take you to an early grave regretting an awful lot.

Sensible + berewic + BNP , spot the wrong word competion :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

berewic:

Dave the Renegade:
Another sad day, this country will soon be just a retail park, manufacturing just a distant memory.

Thatcher has certainly done us proud, the only jobs left for practical people around here are ■■■■ liking minimum wage jobs.

In 1997 manufacturing contributed 20% to the GDP of this country - in 2008 it contributed 13%!

Stan

alamcculloch:
The steel industry was losing one million pounds every week back in the 1970s,

I was employed at Consett Steelworks for the last 2 years of its service, it’s strange how you say the Steel Industry was Losing millions every week? Consett was actually making one hell of a profit every week until Keith Joseph stepped in and ordered that every conveyor belt, every Steel sheet covering them and every other insundiary be replaced regardless of the fact that they were all pretty modern.

The only reason the Steelworks lost money was because of the Tory Governments determination to close them, yes they were losing millions every week, but that was after Keith Joseph made sure that any profits were wiped out by uneccessary spending.

I know that Consett was a modern Mill as was the steelworks at Coat bridge,we seem to agree that management was second rate and thats me being kind.There customer base was shrinking what with the car plants closing like Speke at Liverpool and Linwood at Glasgow We should remember when steel went the need for deep mining went with it.What we require now is skilled work for the younger generation who dont seem to have much to look forward to these days.