Another Lay-by Closing

Pulled off the M40 last night n heading down the 34, noticed a sign at the 1st lay-by saying that it is due for permanant closure but didn’t notice when, was trying to hunt down a fanny in an unrestricted scanny that thought it would be a good idea to overtake me on the roundabout, fair enough if yr empty cuz i had about 10t in the back but and the old beastie is a bit weary these days n he was obviously full up so he manages to creep past just as u enter the last ‘kink’ but old clever dickie thought he was well clear of me n cut the corner but he wasn’t so (a) i had to test the brakes pronto n (b) as he’d took my bit of bloody ‘play area’, i near on ended the life of the n/s barrier with the trailer :open_mouth: can’t think why some Scania drivers think they have to drive like a tw4t most of the time…bet all those v8 drivers with extra pipes have the window down just so they can hear it singing!! But thats another story…I could tell u about something that happened on the A4074 but u probably wouldn’t be interested :frowning:

they used a be alot of snack bars in them laybys a while ago but they all gone wasnt it summit to do with a complaint from cherwell valley services

I understood that they were selling a lot more than salmonellaburgers. Oxfordshire dont like burger vans anyway.

Perhaps the Little Thief will rip their hedge out,make the entrance a bit bigger,open 24/7, buy the land next door,make a bit more parking available n serve proper food for truckers…could be an idea…my mrs fancies that sorta thing…no not that sorta thing :blush: …b&b sorta thing

I seen a layby with a massive bit painted off for disabled drivers, why do disable drivers need a marked spot in a layby? :confused:

First layby after the friarton bridge A90 north. When i first seen it i was like WTF :laughing:

The lay by will soon be swallowed up by the new junction about to be built

merc0447:
I seen a layby with a massive bit painted off for disabled drivers, why do disable drivers need a marked spot in a layby? :confused:

First layby after the friarton bridge A90 north. When i first seen it i was like WTF :laughing:

This is happening on the A9 as well.Layby at Ralia was recently rebuilt during a carriageway improvement,now has a disabled parking space,even though it is almost dead opposite the Ralia rest area which is properly geared up for disabled people. Also further north between Moy and Daviot,same thing.

The one opposite Honda on the A361 Highworth road out of Swindon is due to close early Sept.
Les"s coach cafe obviously closing aswell :angry: