A74

What’s the idea with closing all the laybys in both directions on the stretch of the A74 from the VOSA weighbridge at Carlisle to the Metal Bridge? :unamused: Is it a cunning plan so that we will all have to park in the MSA’s? :wink:

I was driving down that road last week and noticed that…looks to me like they are doing some sort of adjustments to the lay-bys? Thought they were adding a pavement in or something??

:laughing:

Yeah noticed that last night been like it for last couple of weeks.

Will have a look tonight see it it’s still same

They’re making ■■■■■■■■■■ Gap into motorway, so that’s the end of the lay-by’s folks.

why would you want to park in them anyway, death traps
has anyone ever overnighted in one

Yea i remember a bad accident that happened along that stretch a few years ago. Somebody had run straight into the back of another artic parked up.

I used to overnight in them occasionally and I always used to get a good nights sleep :astonished:

Me too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Death traps are the word, would never use them, plenty of laybys if needed on the old 74. :confused:

Running up to Scotland tomorrow (Sunday) fror an 8am tip in Kilmarnock Monday morning. Will be coming off the M74 at J8 onto the A71. Anyone know if there’s plenty of layby’s on that road?

Tezza - I’d rather park at Lesmahagow truckstop at J10.

Never been to that truckstop before. Just had a look at their website. Looks OK. Will probably give it a go.
Cheers Penfold. :slight_smile: