M74 (n) closed

M74 (n) closed just before Raith interchange/a725. Two hgvs and a few cars… Hope everyone survives, looks pretty bad though :frowning:

Haven’t seen it but I got stuck s/b between Maryville and Raith. Think they closed it for the air ambulance. I’ve heard people say it looked quite messy and they would be surprised if there were no fatalities, which i hope there isn’t. Not got a clue what caused it but I hate that junction. Its been an accident waiting to happen for a long time. Vehicles are forced to queue on lane 1 to exit the M74 at peak times. Then trucks in lane 2 running past stationary traffic on the limiter and cars flying past them doing 70+. All it takes is for one numpty to do something stupud and there is carnage. I personally run along the hard shoulder when exiting at J5 so I’m not stuck in a live lane as do plenty of others. Don’t care if its illegal, gets me out of the danger zone quicker. The junction is in the early stages of an upgrade, but it can’t come soon enough.

Yeah Air ambulance was the reason the south bound was closed for a while, when I passed it south bound there was quite a few teams of paramedics crowded round people on the floor, really did look horrific. I done 3 runs from Larkhall to E.K today passing that exact bit, My scheduled last run was changed, if it wasn’t I’d have been on my way home past that same bit, made me think how easily I could have been involved in it.

Your are also dead right about the traffic Damoq, I saw a crazy one few weeks ago, I’m stationary in lane one, Range Rover came flying down lane two with a HGV behind it, the Range tried to nip into lane one, the Range swerved in and jammed on the anchors, leaving the back end still in lane two and the HGV swerved to avoid it, all was well, but how easily could that have been a multiple fatal!!!

I passed in no longer than 10 mins after it happened and the helicopter was just approaching but one of the car looked as if it were folding in half. Just glad no kids where in the back seat or that would have been it. From what it says online that theres a male driver in serious condition and the rest are walking wounded. I hate seeing this kinda thing, makes my gut turn as it could be anyone of us in that position.

exactly
the worse one i ever seen was on the m53,
artic was on the hard shoulder and 2 other artics were traveling flat out on the inside lane, the artic on the shoulder indicated that he wants to move on and as any of us would do the first artic flashed and moved over to lane 2 to let him on but the artic behind him has a car in lane 2 so had no where to go and the guy coming on from the hard shoulder was doing 10 mph at best
so the second artic had no chance and ploughed right into the slow waggon i have never seen a cab crushed like that one was no chance for the driver at all and it all happend in a blink of an eye

so yes it could be anyone of us at any time no matter how long you have been around i know i have just been lucky that all the near misses that have happened to me over the years i got away with