I see they solved fuel theft problems on A14

They simply closed most of the laybys. No lay-bys => nowhere for trucks to park at night => no more diesel theft. Brilliant.

Have more dignity and don’t park up in laybys. Problem solved.

Dont need laybys, we have owe own brand new truck stop they built for us

Got to agree with toonsy, I reckon all lay bys should be an overnight park ban, then ‘‘They’’ would HAVE to do something about the chronic shortage for tramper’s proper parking :bulb: … but it is a pretty ■■■■ poor way of addressing a problem.

Dare I say it (again :blush: ) the Police are far too busy concentrating on offences that generate cash rather than real crime.

And another thing…it’s deemed ‘‘dangerous’’ to park on a hard shoulder.
What is the difference with parking in lay bys overnight on busy trunk routes like the A14? :bulb:

And don’t get me started about the idiots who can not see the light glaring them in the face when they have to pull their mirrors in, as it’s adjacent to the carriageway…it’s a message to your brain that … IT’S DANGEROUS !! :bulb: :bulb:
Sh for brains those clowns. :unamused:

toonsy:
Have more dignity and don’t park up in laybys. Problem solved.

But I only wanted to have my 45 on my way home :frowning: It’s not exactly a choice on the A14 with services barely able to accommodate 5 trucks or so

Is that near J2 of the A14? I know they are doing various bits but there’s a long section going to be closed from the M1 sometime soon. I assume all laybys will be shut for weeks then.

trevHCS:
Is that near J2 of the A14? I know they are doing various bits but there’s a long section going to be closed from the M1 sometime soon. I assume all laybys will be shut for weeks then.

No, it was on the “bottom” side before and after the big roadworks near Cambridge, northbound though I didn’t quite notice if the ones opposite side were closed too. Only cones at the lay-bys themselves with red signs “Lay-by ahead closed. Go F yourself” and another at the entrance of the layby “Lay-by closed. See?” as if you couldn’t tell by the 30 orange CONES blocking it.

I like it when it says lay-by closed, and there is 7 lorries parked up for the night in it… There is one on the A13 that has been closed for weeks, always full though! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the legalities regarding providing refuge areas (.lay bys) on trunk routes for drivers? I have no idea personally but I’m sure that given how ■■■■ our successive governments are I’m assuming that there is some sort of requirement.

ETS:

trevHCS:

No, it was on the “bottom” side before and after the big roadworks near Cambridge, northbound though I didn’t quite notice if the ones opposite side were closed too. Only cones at the lay-bys themselves with red signs “Lay-by ahead closed. Go F yourself” and another at the entrance of the layby “Lay-by closed. See?” as if you couldn’t tell by the 30 orange CONES blocking it.

Cones blocking the lay by?

Cones 0-1 Truck

by the maoster » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:38 pm

What are the legalities regarding providing refuge areas (.lay bys) on trunk routes for drivers? I have no idea personally but I’m sure that given how ■■■■ our successive governments are I’m assuming that there is some sort of requirement

it will all change when boris gets to hear about the lack of parking

robroy:
Got to agree with toonsy, I reckon all lay bys should be an overnight park ban, then ‘‘They’’ would HAVE to do something about the chronic shortage for tramper’s proper parking :bulb: … but it is a pretty ■■■■ poor way of addressing a problem.

Dare I say it (again :blush: ) the Police are far too busy concentrating on offences that generate cash rather than real crime.

Perhaps you’d like to explain that viewpoint to Andrew Harper’s family? He was a traffic cop, doing just what traffic cops do every day (and night) of the year - arresting criminals…

BBC News - Thames Valley Police officer killed in Berkshire
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49368649

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

robroy:

Perhaps you’d like to explain that viewpoint to Andrew Harper’s family? He was a traffic cop, doing just what traffic cops do every day (and night) of the year - arresting criminals…

So one very tragic (but very rare and isolated) case occurs, and you pick me up on a general point. :unamused:
Ok mate, crack on.
:unamused:

robroy:

Roymondo:

robroy:

So one very tragic (but very rare and isolated) case occurs, and you pick me up on a general point. :unamused:
Ok mate, crack on.

Have have you head up your arse over the past week or so …

google.com/url?q=https://ww … p3CwFDQJTv

google.com/url?q=https://ww … Gh0t7ao3HM

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Part of the job, just like us,putting ower lives on the line
Every time we get in a lorry

Traffic Rat:

Can you dig up statistics for on the job death rates of truck drivers vs. policeman/women? Thanks. Genuinely interested but cba to do it myself right now - I’d start googling for it and eventually end up watching videos of women in police uniforms demanding ■■■ from their captives before I get to any relevant results.

Traffic Rat:

robroy:

Roymondo:

robroy:

Ok mate, crack on.

The murder of an officer in the execution of their duty. An event so rare it attracts headline news. Meanwhile, how many people have been murdered in london alone this year? 70? 80?

Traffic Rat:

robroy:

Roymondo:

robroy:

Ok mate, crack on.

That’s a bit low even for a copper. :unamused:
Using examples of non typical and tragic cases involving your colleagues to refute the fact that on the whole and in general the Police are a waste of space in their present form.
Easy target policing and revenue raising, and crime numbers is what you lot are all about, I do sympathise genuinely with the case of that copper that was murdered, but the whole picture is there to see…
So get YOUR head out of YOUR arse, and open your eyes to what everybody else can see.

id like to hear at least by anecdote several times a year of a thief getting duffed up by the old bill. you never hear of a fight these days where the offender ends up cant walk properly again or similar