Another Closes

Another firm bites the dust. A Lincoln haulier is shutting the gate tommorrow night for the final time. I know as we are next door and they have had recievers in since monday. They are also closing their sites at Doncaster and Peterbourgh there part of palletways network but not after tomorrow. Must be roughly 20 drivers at Lincoln site no idea about the others. Sad day as they have been on the go for a very long time.
Thers two initials in the name and three letters in the rest, and trucks are red. Theres all the clues! Would name them but you need to know god to do that LOL

Would that be E.H Lee next to daf in Bracebridge Heath? My old man lives on the estate behind them. And they say the recession is over. Cobblers!!!

Well you guessed it, I live opposite on probably the same estate! Mind you mine is up for sale. Apparently the Lincoln yard is actually profitable but the other two arnt and the reciver has just decided to shut the lot.

Another long established haulier and well respected amongst us old heads, no doubt had to finally back down to what is now the " logistical " disease. R.I.P E H LEE :frowning:

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … admin.html

The yard was filling up fast today with all their trucks a sad day 50 years of history down the pan.

same all over the country - just wait til after the election!

thisisbusiness-staffordshire … ticle.html

davidj247:
‘…just wait til after the election!..’

Then what?

Maybe the same pro-Euro ambition sending crippling self-harm amounting to £46m/day off to Brussels & Strasbourg - albeit with a different coloured mouthpiece rubber-stamping unwanted laws dictated by foreigners?

after the election all the public sector jobs will start to be cut back - all the false economic stimulus will be ended and then we’ll have tax rises as well (those with a job left!). Whoever gets to go over the books after this shower have screwed it all up had better be prepared for a big shock!
Oh and don’t forget that the Greeks, spaniards, portugese irish and czechs are virtually bankrupt and dragging us all down with them - thank god we didn’t join the euro!

davidj247:
after the election all the public sector jobs will start to be cut back - all the false economic stimulus will be ended and then we’ll have tax rises as well (those with a job left!). Whoever gets to go over the books after this shower have screwed it all up had better be prepared for a big shock!
Oh and don’t forget that the Greeks, spaniards, portugese irish and czechs are virtually bankrupt and dragging us all down with them - thank god we didn’t join the euro!

The public sector non jobs you mean, of course we will have tax rises because the stunted kilt stand has spent all the surplus millions on Aid to Africa, Arsenals to Afghanistan and Alaska

well the new year prophecy was cica 600 transport firms will go down this year.
the work they used to do has to be done so somebody gets the work ,so that company needs drivers.
my boss plans to extend the fleet mainly because he keeps an eye on evrey financial detail, and the more that go down the better for him .new contracts /wagons more drivers.
for the few a recession opens doors.

crist we got an engine dilivered by them E.H.LEE on tuesday, god knows what would of happened to it if it was delayed by a day or 2.