Astounding news, were you all aware that

Leicester Forest East services are being closed to make way for an improved junction plan.Does anyone give a toss about drivers HAVING TO STOP FOR LEGAL BREAKS…OVER TO YOU

proves the point,they think we need fewer services,where a few more hgv services only would be better. not been in to l .f.e for a while so cant say its one that i would miss,or use but the option would be nice.

mark

I would have thought that it has something to do with the widening of the M1, and that a new and improved service area will open after its completion. LOL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I know its going a little off piece, but I am fairly sure that they are building a new service area on the A46/A6 round-about.

It is to do with the widening of the M1

highways.gov.uk/news/newsroo … d=18069277

but don’t hold your breath while they decide whether to build a new service area :wink:

they are building a new service area on a46 it’s at the a6 loughborough exit, the signs are up for extra services same as cambridge services. right next to a brand new housing estate so i guess they will be happy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Isn’t there something which says motorway services should e about 15 or 20 miles apart, i think thats a legel thing but not sure

An OFT inquiry into catering at motorway service areas (MSAs) has concluded that … The minimum distance between them was reduced from 30 to 15 miles. …
off google

Peanut74uk:
I would have thought that it has something to do with the widening of the M1, and that a new and improved service area will open after its completion. LOL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The new improved services being the same as the ones at J15a where the lorry park was reduced in size by 2/3?

stuh:
they are building a new service area on a46 it’s at the a6 loughborough exit, the signs are up for extra services same as cambridge services. right next to a brand new housing estate so i guess they will be happy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oi stueyboy where are you posting this from?
Is there something your not telling me? :wink:

JB:
[

according to his IP address it’s Atlanta :open_mouth:

There are currently no plans to replace the service area apparently but the authorities are “exploring alternative locations” :unamused:

Denis F:

JB:
[

according to his IP address it’s Atlanta :open_mouth:

Hes waiting to ship out to baghdad denis. I just thought hed have gone by now the lazy so and so :laughing: :wink:

JB:
[
He`s waiting to ship out to baghdad denis.

oh (zb)

take it easy out there Stuh

I can’t see the services on the A46/A6 roundabout being that much use to the M1, as you can only get onto the M1 Southbound from the A46. If you are heading northbound you’d have to carry on up to either Markfield at 22 or Donnington at 24.