Another DVLA incompetence

Well had a letter from DVLA today asking me to send my licence back as there is an error on my licence :unamused:

This is due to some checks that they have made & is not my fault :unamused:

They did send a pre paid envelope for this so will photo copy & send back when I am ready

Ohhhh. We love them really.

Still waiting for my license to come back 8 days after passing CE. Checked online and category still not been added so doesn’t look like I’m getting it back any time soon. Hope yours is returned soon.

Any idea what the ‘error’ is?
Dean

Is it worth having a certified copy of it made up so if they send it back and your missing a few vitals, such as your C/CE then you’d have a position to complain a bit more :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

dar1976:
Ohhhh. We love them really.

Still waiting for my license to come back 8 days after passing CE. Checked online and category still not been added so doesn’t look like I’m getting it back any time soon. Hope yours is returned soon.

Any idea what the ‘error’ is?
Dean

How do you do this?

DVLA.gov.uk. Sign up for a Government Gateway ID. Put the details requested from your license. Then they send you a login through the post (from memory, could be wrong).

You are then able to see your driving record, categories, endorsements.

HTH

Dean, you might want to give them a call on their regular number and ask to speak to either a manager or the complaints team as they sat on my licence for a month and even claimed they had not received it when they clearly had.

You could always pop over the water to see them :wink: I would have thought it was quicker and possibly cheaper for you than driving that gas guzzling 4x4 of yours :wink:

When I had a moan I spoke with their complaints team and had a direct dial number I’ve now lost :blush: Good Luck :wink:

I was in the queue on the phone for 40 mins yesterday before I gave up. lol

Hi animal
Do u know what the error is ? I would ring them first to see what’s up before sending it back to them
Jx

I have a coach licence since I updated my photocard. Never taken the test in my life! I called them to explain and even wrote to them but they insist that they don’t make such mistakes

Jennie:
Hi animal
Do u know what the error is ? I would ring them first to see what’s up before sending it back to them
Jx

Agreed. And explain that you need your license with you at all times to do your job so cannot be without it for a long period.

MysonVinnie:
I have a coach licence since I updated my photocard. Never taken the test in my life! I called them to explain and even wrote to them but they insist that they don’t make such mistakes

Some people have all the luck. What are Saturday’s lottery numbers? :smiley:

The error is that 01 is on some of the entitlements but not all ( this is to say I wear glasses/contact lenses )

Was going to take photo copy before sending it back as I know what they are like & have had many dealings with them in the past ( was on 1st name with some that answered the phone in the medical section )

01 is on some of the entitlements but not all

Came across this a couple of weeks back when teaching a driver cpc course. A guy there had 01 on all licence classes except his C and CE so presumably he could trot around with 44 tonnes without specs but would have to wear them to drive his Fiesta!

But we all know that DVLA never make mistakes!!

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

01 is on some of the entitlements but not all

Came across this a couple of weeks back when teaching a driver cpc course. A guy there had 01 on all licence classes except his C and CE so presumably he could trot around with 44 tonnes without specs but would have to wear them to drive his Fiesta!

Mine is the other way around - 01 for C and CE as well as the C1 and C1+E that those cover but not for the C1 and C1+E that I got with my car licence !!

I had 01 not present on one of my vocational licences the same as they forgot to specify i passed on an auto. I didn’t abuse that mistake but getting more qualifications sorted it.