Another council robbing drivers

So Weston Super Mare council find it ok to now charge £10 for a truck to stay overnight In the bus/car/lorry park next to the train station and Tesco. However our friends who drive the blue rinse brigade around the country can park their coaches in their for 24 hours for the very reasonable price of £7! :unamused:
In my time driving it has gone up from £5 to £7 and now £10, what do you get for your tenner?? Sweet FA that’s what, well apart from a bog which shuts after a certain time :imp: I used to love parking here especially in the summer and walking down to the seafront and having a couple of pints watching the world go by, well I won’t be anymore.
How can councils come to these ridiculous prices when they haven’t even got any facilities? The same thing happens at Upton Upon Severn where it went from a fiver to £7 then a tenner but then they put it back to Seven Quid because all the landlords and takeaway owners and shop keepers said it was only the truck drivers bringing any money in to the area in the winter months. Obviously it’s a lot different for a seaside town like Weston but it boils my ■■■■ that they find it ok to rob us like they do.

A coach brings 50 odd 'blue rinsers" into the town. Your truck, which takes up more room, brings you. Need I say more.

Santa:
A coach brings 50 odd 'blue rinsers" into the town. Your truck, which takes up more room, brings you. Need I say more.

Very good point. :wink:

Yes it is a good point but a coach doesn’t bring the goods into town that fills the supermarket shelfs etc, etc

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Yes it is a good point but a coach doesn’t bring the goods into town that fills the supermarket shelfs etc, etc

that is true,but like all councils they don’t want the truck stopping in their town before or after completing their delivery, but a coach carrying up
to 50 passengers with money to spend is a different ball game

Wouldn’t take that many HGV drivers having enforced breaks at rush hour ang having a go slow to focus the councils minds… A bit of coverage in the local press wouldn’t go a miss…

Is there anywhere drivers could park outside the car park?

Thruxton:
Wouldn’t take that many HGV drivers having enforced breaks at rush hour ang having a go slow to focus the councils minds… A bit of coverage in the local press wouldn’t go a miss…

That would just give the “get them out of my village” moaners even more excuse. What they need is empty shops and when they complain about that to be told “well you dont trucks in your are so now none are coming.”.

if the loos closed is there a disabled one
if so use a RADAR key to gain access
available online

hitch:
if the loos closed is there a disabled one
if so use a RADAR key to gain access
available online

also available at your local disabled shop

is it not the same discrimination on the ferries…? they will pull a truck off,or let a busload of wrinklies jump the queue to board to ensure theres 50 coffin dodgers kept happy instead of 1 disgruntled truckie.any coach minging of stale pish and vick gets priority ofer some hairyassed truckie on the ferries.

I’ve parked there dozens of times, and never paid once!

Born Idle:

I parked their around November time and it was about 17:30 when I got there and I parked in the car park spaces in the middle and a couple of fellas came over from a white car and asked me what time I was leaving.
I said that I was leaving about 6am and they said I was fine to park there but if I was leaving about 8am I would have to park somewhere else in the car park. They were parking attendants and they said they usually come around in the night to check things over so I wouldn’t want to risk not paying
It’s the same at Upton, s couple of ours have got fines for not paying and one night I was there I got up in the morning and there were about four trucks with parking fines stuck to the windscreen. A driver told me that they had started coming through the night every so often to see who hadn’t paid. It’s a risk you take, 9 times out of 10 you’ll get away with it but there is always that one time.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Born Idle:

I parked their around November time and it was about 17:30 when I got there and I parked in the car park spaces in the middle and a couple of fellas came over from a white car and asked me what time I was leaving.
I said that I was leaving about 6am and they said I was fine to park there but if I was leaving about 8am I would have to park somewhere else in the car park. They were parking attendants and they said they usually come around in the night to check things over so I wouldn’t want to risk not paying
It’s the same at Upton, s couple of ours have got fines for not paying and one night I was there I got up in the morning and there were about four trucks with parking fines stuck to the windscreen. A driver told me that they had started coming through the night every so often to see who hadn’t paid. It’s a risk you take, 9 times out of 10 you’ll get away with it but there is always that one time.

We used to park in wakefield and it was only £2 and hardly ever checked but some drivers would still risk not paying.
If a firm pays parking why risk not paying I always think.

Santa:

A truck might also bring the goods into the town for the “blue rinsers” to spend their money on

The bluies don’t spend that much anyway. Flasks and butties in my experience! The only other requirements they have is to splash their boots for free!

not been to stratford upon avon for many years,if anyone knows does it still have that big car park or wasteground just outside the town,that was free to park in for an overnighter,or has it gone the way of other free land, I e office complex or shopping centre,or other,cant remember exactly where it was but it was as you drive out the other side of stratford on avon,we overnighted there went on a pub crawl,and the removals foreman came back with a bxxxxy curry,i hate curry and he stunk the cab out, lol

truckman020:
not been to stratford upon avon for many years,if anyone knows does it still have that big car park or wasteground just outside the town,that was free to park in for an overnighter,or has it gone the way of other free land, I e office complex or shopping centre,or other,cant remember exactly where it was but it was as you drive out the other side of stratford on avon,we overnighted there went on a pub crawl,and the removals foreman came back with a bxxxxy curry,i hate curry and he stunk the cab out, lol

There’s the car park behind the sports centre where you can park you mean that? The council there have it right it’s only a couple of quid after 6pm and if you are there before 6 and the traffic wardens there he’ll let you wait till the price drops at 6pm to get a ticket.
Also get a free shower in the sports centre :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

But blue rinse brigade dont leave the car park smelling of ■■■■ and carrier bags of rubbish or “little Presents”

Spacemonkeypg:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

But blue rinse brigade dont leave the car park smelling of ■■■■ and carrier bags of rubbish or “little Presents”

No they leave all that on the coach :wink: :smiley:

Why does whether the parking charge is £7 or £10 matter to the driver?

Oh, unless you are paying one of your company’s business expenses for them.

No one would be that stupid would they?