Reading services

Saw a trailer today in these services. Big sign on the side saying ’ Truckers Beware this is a crime hotspot’!!. And i thought the services were reasonably safe.

I wouldn’t park a wheelbarrow with a flat tyre in there overnight because the ■■■■■■ would have it away. I always park at max cafe if I’m overnighting round there. £10 parking and that includes a massive home cooked meal.

Saw an east european tautliner in there a couple of weekends ago, slashed to bits. Very sad looking driver. It’s where all the M&S GIST drivers have a kip before reporting back to Thatcham.

It’s probably for what you get charged in the services for a sandwich. Now that is highway robbery. :laughing:

they used to have them parked both ends of the a500, but theyve been gone a while so it must be safe there now!
thats one of the advantages of driving a effluent tanker, you can park anywhere if they want whats in the back they can have it, i’ll even show em how to take it.

wood73:
they used to have them parked both ends of the a500, but theyve been gone a while so it must be safe there now!

Must’ve been nicked

How the *^!> can they justify charging so much if it’s not even secure? :imp: :imp:

Pirate:
How the *^!> can they justify charging so much if it’s not even secure? :imp: :imp:

Agreed.

I’m currently working for Maritime - well, a subby.

They issue a list of places it’s ok to park a laden container, and places that are forbidden, you’d be suprised at the places you can’t, but I’ve noticed most of the places you can park don’t give meal vouchers, and some even charge for showers - AFTER you’ve paid for parking?

I usually park where I want, hours will dictate that for me, and if something happens, I’ve done what I can - seal, container lock and paid / ‘secure’ parked, what more can they possibly want?

1/2 the time, it’s ■■■■ we’re shifting anyway, think it’s more about someone sticking something IN the container, than stealing from it.

We need LESS speed cameras, LESS traffic light cameras, LESS bus lane cameras etc etc and MORE police, they can actually do some work too, undercover cars should NOT be pulling people for speeding and other ‘minor offences’, they’re for more serious crime like this.

If they spot something that needs pulling like speeding or similar, then get a normal bobby to do it, they’ll have all the details.

Parked at reading services, went into the shop, bought a mars bar, can of coke and a pie, said to the cashier " sorry but i only have a £50 note ".
She said " thats o.k, put the mars bar back "… !

gunnerheskey:
Parked at reading services, went into the shop, bought a mars bar, can of coke and a pie, said to the cashier " sorry but i only have a £50 note ".
She said " thats o.k, put the mars bar back "… !

Quality! :grimacing:

Brilliant gunnerheskey!!! Parked there last night and saw the trailer,didn’t get touched and the meal I had on the voucher was gorgeous and that’s saying something for motorway services. That’s some bright lighting they have had put up in the truck park is something else,it was like bloody daylight at 3am this morning when I started work.