An other newbie checking in

Hello folks an other newbie here looking for advice but i’ll introduce my self first. My names Russell im 29 and from fife in bonny Scotland recently out the army mostly driving worrior apc’s up to 32T and looking to get on the road in cat c. Never got the chance to do it in the army due to operational comitments i.e iraq ect. Anyway to the point. I go funding for cat c so getting it for free lucky me eh :smiley: just passed my theory and start driving training at end of October. So im looking for advice on what to expect especaly the cpc thats came in. Also i’ve still got funds from my army resetelment should i use this on c+e or on hiab adr ect. Anyway any feed back would be much apreciated cheers.

Sorry one more thing does anyone know of any good firms in my area that would go for a newbie like me or am i looking at aggince work. cheers again. Congrats on this site by the way its great

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome LUNGFISH :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which starts on 10 Sept 2009.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC

LUNGFISH:
Also i’ve still got funds from my army resetelment should i use this on c+e or on hiab adr ect.

Research your local job market to see what is called for and then decide.