an observation

a lot of my recent work has been trunking and i have noticed that there seems to be a surge of outside lane hoggers. anyone else noticed this new trend?

on tuesday i spotted one heading between newhouse and coatbridge in the outside lane. nothing in the inside lane at all yet this idiot decided not to move over. not even for the police car that was sat on his arse with the lights and sirens on :unamused:

just my observation here,if anyone travels north on the a1m past the chester le street slip road at junction 63,have a look at the on slip.the slip road turns into lane 1 of the motorway and is well sign posted in relation to this fact.just see next time your passing how many people in cars come up this slip road and automatically indicate,pull straight in front of you into the middle lane(which was the inside lane) to overtake NOTHING why?.
on a similiar note,more so in rush hour all the cars make for the outside lane because it is the fast lane and they think they are gonna go fast.but as no one is in the inside lane when a queue builds its nearly always the slow and steady inside lane that keeps moving.then you have cars pulling in front of you from a standing start in the outside lane going to the inside nearly hitting you.why?
i hate these “lane hoppers” that jump from lane to lane depending on which one is moving faster. :smiling_imp:
lane discipline amongst many sadly doesnt exsist anymore,and it certainly isnt taught.
a learner driver under instruction the other day tried to join the a1 at the team valley junction into national speed limit traffic doing around 30 mph.the instructor should be shot!

buck73:
just my observation here,if anyone travels north on the a1m past the chester le street slip road at junction 63,have a look at the on slip.the slip road turns into lane 1 of the motorway and is well sign posted in relation to this fact.just see next time your passing how many people in cars come up this slip road and automatically indicate,pull straight in front of you into the middle lane(which was the inside lane) to overtake NOTHING why?.
on a similiar note,more so in rush hour all the cars make for the outside lane because it is the fast lane and they think they are gonna go fast.but as no one is in the inside lane when a queue builds its nearly always the slow and steady inside lane that keeps moving.then you have cars pulling in front of you from a standing start in the outside lane going to the inside nearly hitting you.why?
i hate these “lane hoppers” that jump from lane to lane depending on which one is moving faster. :smiling_imp:
lane discipline amongst many sadly doesnt exsist anymore,and it certainly isnt taught.
a learner driver under instruction the other day tried to join the a1 at the team valley junction into national speed limit traffic doing around 30 mph.the instructor should be shot!

Its pretty universal mate. The same happens at the M27/M3 slip. Much like the car drivers who slow down to 40 approaching a camera on a NSL dual carriageway. They dont know the class of road theyr’e on or the limits that apply.

buck73:

The M8 morning and evening is like that. When Clyde 1 had Capt George doing the eye in the sky traffic reports, he christened them the congalers. :laughing: :laughing:

scanny77:
‘…there seems to be a surge of outside lane hoggers…’

But to their credit they launch themselves into it as quickly as possible: Now that lane two is not the place to be seen, lane three has become the new lane two.

It’s apparently to do with ‘democratic fashion’ much admired by Mr J. Pubic and his neighbours …just as amber and red are the new green. This much adopted trend has overwhelmingly manged to achieve sanction when Gordon binned the road-plod to concentrate on spending our money on worthwhile projects such as the Brussels Gravy Boat Scheme & the Exploding Grunt Endeavour in Afghanistan, etc.

On the bright side - and with near side lanes being redundant - it’ll make road-widening projects both unnecessary & impossible. (This will be is extra useful now that all left over small-change will now be used on the London to Glasgow electric train ride.)